Jesse Was A Thief

Discussion in 'Meta' started by RegenX, Mar 2, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. knurdtech

knurdtech New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Decred is not a charity and should never have been a "lifeline of hope." When you can switch your mindset from "poor me" to a mindset of providing value to others, you will reap the rewards.

Your pension, health, and housing are irrelevant to the issue and should never have been brought up.

ClokworkGremlin likes this.
  2. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    I hadn't even read that portion, but yeah. Cryptocurrencies aren't a charity or a lifeline, they're a risky investment. An opportunity, for sure, but so is a week on a fishing trawler, and as Mike Rowe learned: "My job isn't to get you home safe, it's to get you home rich."

3. RegenX

RegenX Jr. Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    point well taken, I am not the only one in the world with problems, the reason I mentioned it was only to explain why
    this wasn't just shrugging off a meaningless freebie to me easily replaced etc.

I have to rebound from this and come back stronger as the user 'Toad' said earlier in this thread.

If anyone would like to help out, I am promoting the link to this buying service known as Purse. I have used it
    a couple of times to buy small items with Bitcoin and the prices are extremely good. They have their own
    online marketplace where the prices are even better than Amazon and often better than Ebay, they ship for
    free using Amazon's new free package shipping service, and you can order things using Bitcoin. The variety of things
    available is better than anything I have seen , please have a look and if you order something there , know that this is
    100% reliable. I ordered some smart drugs for my recovery from several concussions and physical attacks (asphyxiated
    twice, knocked unconcious at least four times, etc. ) suffered earlier in life which
    have affected my memory and learning capabilities. you won't find a more esoteric and diverse range of items than at
    Purse. For those on a budget looking and needing to save money , this is worth looking into:

https://purse.io/?_r=DLjXlL

Tivra likes this.
  4. Lee Sharp

Lee Sharp Sr. Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Independent Consultant
    Houston, Texas
    Hmmm... They don't use Decred...

I think you are missing the point. This is the Decred forums, not GoFundMe.com and you have just about used up your goodwill.

knurdtech likes this.
  5. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    I think it's a step in the right direction, but I do think that advertising and promotional stuff belongs in its own corner of the forum.

6. eshriek

eshriek New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    With this attitude your loss today becomes a gain tomorrow. Experience is priceless.

Have you looked at the other side of the coin? There have been some less than stellar reviews of Purse. I've never used Purse and therefore I do not have any criticism of the service. However, I would know and consider what the risks could be before using the service. By stating that it is 100% reliable you may be setting yourself up for another let down.

Tivra likes this.
  7. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    My biggest objection to Purse from the standpoint of buying on Amazon is that you have to make a wishlist, someone buys your wishlist for you and you send them BTC in exchange. Which is frankly a terrible system.

My biggest objection from the standpoint of buying Bitcoins is that the exchange rates are about 10% worse than market rate at best, and get worse from there. But then, that 15% savings has to come from somewhere.

8. RegenX

RegenX Jr. Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    you can order directly from Purse without doing the Amazon wish list thing, and the prices are still great.

9. Lee Sharp

Lee Sharp Sr. Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Independent Consultant
    Houston, Texas
    Purse is designed for people that get Amazon gift cards at junkets. I have an Apple Gift card from one, but they do not take Apple gift cards.

ClokworkGremlin likes this.
  10. RegenX

RegenX Jr. Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    You can order items from Purse without bothering with the gift card option or the Amazon wishlist.
    just go to Purse and do a search for any product you want to buy via Bitcoin, you will get a search
    result list with extremely good prices.
    see or yourself, go to this link and click on the Shop button:
    https://purse.io/?_r=DLjXlL

and you will see a box labeled 'search products or paste wishlist', type any product you are
    looking for in the 'search products' box and you will get a list of what is available on Purse ,
    with prices listed etc.

11. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    So I finally found something I wanted to try to buy over Purse, placed the order.

The fact that I'm coming back here should tell you about how well *that's* going.

I live in Colorado. Colorado has a few stupid(and often unenforceable) laws that got put on the books, but the noteworthy one here requires state sales tax to be paid on purchases from out-of-state vendors. Like Purse. So I log in, make an order, pay for it, and then wait a couple of hours, then they come back and say "Hey, we need to add an 8% sales tax to your order."

OK yeah, sure, that's fine. I log back in to add the extra payment... there is no functionality to add the extra payment.

No, I don't mean the method is tricky, I mean there is no function for adding to a payment. Not even from the on-site wallet, which currently holds enough funds to pay for the ENTIRE order including the additional sales tax, in addition to the amount presently committed to the order.

Nope. No way to pay extra, no way to change the billed amount, no way to transfer funds from the site wallet to the order form. There is a big indicator saying that the order is awaiting additional payment, though.

Current status: would not recommend. I have a policy against buying from stores that refuse to properly accept my money.

ZomaX likes this.
  12. RegenX

RegenX Jr. Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    contact Damian with this issue:
    damian.alvarez@purse.mail.intercom.io

they will work the bugs out of this over time. Not even Amazon was an overnight success, they lost money for months and years
    before turning a profit. You could even ask Damian if the Purse might eventually accept Decred for purchases.

I still hope that someone makes a Decred -based marketplace similar to Purse.

I would do it if I had the funds , its just not in the cards right now. I am still hoping to buy 282 Decred some day , just to get
    back to where I started from .

13. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    I sent them a message through the "contact us" feature. I'll post updates in this thread based on how it goes, but I haven't received any response yet.

14. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    #54 ClokworkGremlin, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    There's "bugs to work out" and then there's "the entire payment system is borked and completely unusable." Amazon may have been losing money, but customers were at least able to make orders and contact the helpdesk, neither of which I've been able to do with Purse.

I have sent an E-mail to Damien as a last-ditch effort, but I fully expect disappointment at this stage.

[edit]Support is also all-but-nonexistent. Google gets away with this, barely, and then only because they're GOOGLE. They have more money than they know what to do with, and their poor customer support is *still* hurting them.

15. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    Update: So Damian got in touch with me (finally), apologized, and (hopefully) dealt with everything. Apparently I hit a corner case with a product that usually doesn't have sales tax, except it does in Colorado, and it hit a problem their system isn't set up to deal with. (making additional payments after an order has been paid for)

16. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    Final update: The order arrived that Monday and I've made more purchases since then. Rocky introduction aside, the experience isn't terrible. Could be better, but not terrible.

David and Lee Sharp like this.
  17. Ishotov

Ishotov New Member

Nov 18, 2016
    Male
    London
    Airdrop with a feeling of hope,
    then down that I forgot where the seed paper was and couldn't get the airdrop into a wallet