Launch Mainnet Stake Pools Are Launching

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by jolan, May 19, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. zero

zero Full Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    chappjc and tacotime like this.
  2. girino

girino New Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Male
    decredbrasil dot com Also launched, but my comment is waiting for moderator approval because it contains links and i still marked as "new member" in the forum (sorry folks, i read more than i post). if you could please include it on the list.

zero likes this.
  3. tacotime

tacotime Hero Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Should be all good now. See if you can post a dedicated thread in PoS pools as well, so it can be stickied and new users can post there on matters specific to https://stake.decredbrasil.com.

Thanks! Thought I already had those in there. Updated.

zero likes this.
  4. mreichardt

mreichardt New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    St. Louis, MO
    Excited to see your changes. What are you using to power your AI? Need a developer?

5. girino

girino New Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Male
    tacotime likes this.
  6. 418Sec

418Sec Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
  7. theMsquared

theMsquared New Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Male
    Hi Decred Community!

https://DCRStakes.com is officially live and ready for the prime time. We'll be updating the site in the near future with new features (notifications for tickets, prices, etc). Come get yo' stake on!

418Sec and tacotime like this.
  8. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    #28 Dyrk, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    I've added table with stakepools comparison at the bottom of the page here: https://dcrstats.com
    You can see percentage of total network tickets near amount of "Live" tickets. So it's easy to track who has reached 5%

PS: let me know if you want to see more stats in this table. For example, I can add total stakepools subsidy in DCR and USD or something else.

418Sec and tacotime like this.
  9. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    #29 Dyrk, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    Good news!
    We reached 1% of total network tickets in our stakepool. So if you are not yet in, hurry to take your place, they are limited until August.

"All Stakepools are equal, but some Stakepools are more equal than others" (c) George Orwell:
    https://stakepool.dcrstats.com/

10. girino

girino New Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Male
    Brasil Decred pool now has a widget with advice for buying tickets. It compares current price, estimated next price and average ticket price in pool, and advises you when it's time to buy. You can check the widget on out pool front page:https://stake.decredbrasil.com/

[​IMG]

Emilio Mann and Dyrk like this.
  11. jyap

jyap New Member

Feb 18, 2016
  12. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    #32 Dyrk, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    Hey @jolan @_ingsoc, have you seen votes statistic? The most part of the blocks have 3 or 4 votes for a long time: https://mainnet.decred.org/blocks

Maybe something wrong with the PoW-pools configurations. I think it's a good time to implement a voting system: "NO" to any previous block, which included less than 5 votes. Do you think this is possible?

[​IMG]

jy-p, jyap and Johnshpon3 like this.
  13. jyap

jyap New Member

Feb 18, 2016
    I've definitely noticed this 3/4 votes recently. Possibly due to Decred v0.1.6 (just speculating) or possibly a new large miner/mining pool?

14. .m.

.m. New Member

Jan 23, 2016
    I think it is a good thing to watch the network and statistic and to provide feedback, but I would not base voting against blocks on just "maybe something is wrong with POW pools".
    I'll add some rants to the Flame the devs thread.

15. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    Things are pretty obvious. We don't want to lose our money. We want to see 5 votes in each block. We want to destroy all blocks, which have less than 5 votes.

PS: as a stakepool operator I receive hundreds of emails and personal messages about missed tickets. And as a stakepool operator I must do something to protect our PoS-miners.

16. jyap

jyap New Member

Feb 18, 2016
    #36 jyap, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    In the last 18 hrs, YiiMP has 3 out of 8 blocks with 5 votes.

Prior to that, consistently 5 vote blocks.. Some bigger issue it seems.. I'm leaning towards a 0.1.6 regression

Screen Shot 2016-06-25 at 11.58.16 PM.png

17. jyap

jyap New Member

Feb 18, 2016
    Screen Shot 2016-06-26 at 12.04.32 AM.png

Largest pool Coinmine.pl also mostly has blocks with less than 5 votes. Amount column should be 17+ for 5 Vote blocks.

18. Myagui

Myagui Jr. Member
    Pool Operator (PoS)

Jan 5, 2016
    Male
    A major stake holder (mega-whale-sized) going offline would also cause this perhaps?
    Also, dunno if at all related, but the 1st/official stakepool, seems to be hung up when I try to check their stats. Maybe the pool is down?

chappjc likes this.
  19. jyap

jyap New Member

Feb 18, 2016
    Yes, a valid theory.

20. jy-p

jy-p Sr. Member
    Organizer

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    I suspect this is related to PoW pools being configured incorrectly. Since Company 0 casts many votes, I have recently noticed a steady rate of missed and then revoked tickets on votes that were cast. I worked with @woot to verify that these missed votes were propagating correctly to the dcrd nodes for his stakepool, suggesting the votes are almost certainly reaching the pools, but not making it into blocks mined by their miners. The only debugging step not yet taken is verifying when votes are arriving at the dcrd for the PoW pools.

Based on the data supplied by woot, all the blocks where c0 missed tickets had a time spread of 2-3 seconds between the arrival of the first and the last vote, which suggests that PoW pools are pushing work to their miners before all votes have arrived, e.g. pool receives 3 or 4 votes and immediately pushes work. Waiting as little as 3 seconds after receiving the first vote to push work could give a working solution, but I am unsure of any additional latencies generated in the path where PoW pools push work to miners. A more conservative delay of 5 seconds would be more likely to ensure higher vote counts, but it may put a pool at a disadvantage due it being a few seconds behind other more aggressive pools that push work sooner.

I have corresponded with @ocminer on the matter a couple times in the past few weeks and will reach out again to see if we can get the bottom of this.

Ayush and Dyrk like this.