Mining Rig Rentals

Discussion in 'Rigs' started by Rune S, Feb 20, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Rune S

Rune S New Member
    Translator (Norsk)

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    Norway
  2. Mklueg

Mklueg New Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    I've tested it. It won't work at all with Decred at the moment. I've specifically tested the single blake256 rig that was available, and since it doesn't use 14 round, there was no positive result. I've had plenty of speedy results from other rigs on there, however, it would be a more viable option to just use the bitcoin you pay your rental with to purchase the coins directly instead of have them mine it for you.
    Look at it from the owner's perspective.... Would you mine coins for someone else if you would earn less than if you mined the same coins for yourself?
    I'm still keeping an eye on it in case someone lists their rig "wrong" and I can actually make a profit there.

Rune S likes this.
  3. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Ditto.

Yes, selling money for less money. Amazing business plan that would be ;)

@Rune S: I would build a mining rig for PoW or buy coins for PoS. PoS clearly is much more profitable. Investing into PoW makes not much sense financially and is more something for the altruists.

Rune S likes this.
  4. drunkenmugsy

drunkenmugsy Sr. Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    #4 drunkenmugsy, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    If you opened a circle.com account today and deposited $300, you could get 185DCR right now. If you staked all 185DCR you would get 30 stake votes. This would return 55DCR over 30 days. That is a 30% return in 30 days. You would end up with 240DCR. This is not exact and there are other influencing factors but you get the point.
    You have no loss of principal risk on the initial $300 itself for the staking activity. The 30% return is locked in and guaranteed. Your only risk here is the price of DCR going down. Tell me where you can get a guaranteed 30% return on such a small gamble in today's financial climate?

westboy2000, Rune S and LastNinja like this.