Missing ~100 Dcr After Stake Mining

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by 00100100, Nov 3, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. 00100100

00100100 New Member

Aug 2, 2016
    earth
    So I was in on the initial airdrop which turned out to be a great decision. I was able to get that coin and move it to the exchange just fine. Sine then I've been buying on the way down and decided to try POS mining with about 100 DCR as a test. I moved the DCR into my local wallet. The balance was always slow to update it seemed and eventually only showed about ~62 DCR even though the DCR explorers show the correct balance. I eventually was able to purchase 1 POS ticket locking up my balance. even though the ticket price was about 1/3 of the balance. I also made sure to import the redeem script for my pool.

My ticket was now voted on and my wallet is showing the balance as my ticket price+reward. As a result what should be ~100 DCR + POS reward for 1 ticket is about ~29 DCR. By this point I figured there was an error in the chain or something with my local wallet and I needed to rebuild from the seed, which I have based on posts like https://forum.decred.org/threads/how-to-rebuild-resync-wallet-successfully.1338/.

I'm on a mac. so I located the dcrd and dcrdwallet folders in application support and renamed them to get them out of the way. I then restarted './dcrd -u user -P password' and let it run for a long time. I wanted to make sure it was fully caught up but even after many hours I didn't se any indication of yes/no on getting caught up.
    I then created my wallet from my seed again but everything is showing as 0 and I'm wondering what has happened to my record of the original 100 DCR.

Am I missing something? I've read several posts but haven't found a solution. At this point I'm glad I started with a smaller balance.

2. h3rtl31n

h3rtl31n New Member
    Translator (Deutsch)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    It needs 256 blocks for your POS ticket+reward to be back on your account. By now you should have gotten your ticket+reward back.

3. 00100100

00100100 New Member

Aug 2, 2016
    earth
    Yea I'm really not sure what to make of it. So this is the address https://mainnet.decred.org/address/Dsj9byxqVys16R3DWLUvm4XqnYceQejTjcv it shows the 101... that should be there. And I have the seed for the wallet that generated that address. How am I not able to recover my balance after rebuilding the wallet? Is there an indication of when dcrd is caught up and it's safe to rebuild a wallet? Thanks for the help.

4. Ayush

Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Go ahead and resync your wallet using the seed provided.
    Change the names of the previous folders of decred files (for a backup in case something goes wrong) then start reseeding your wallet. Balance issue will 99% be resolved.

5. 00100100

00100100 New Member

Aug 2, 2016
    earth
    That's what I did following the instructions in an old thread. I renamed the two folders, made sure I was on a current dcr version and started a new dcr instance and new wallet instance from my seed. The balance still shows 0 though and doesn't have any info relating to my old address. I tried the importaddress command but I get -32601: Method not found. Right now I have a wallet restarted from the correct seed but I'm unable to access my coin. I'm a bit stuck.

6. N3wb1e

N3wb1e New Member

Jun 12, 2016
    Europe

Did you let the dcrd finish the sync before recreating new wallet from seed? If not, delete old wallet, let chain fully sync and after that recreate from seed.

7. 00100100

00100100 New Member

Aug 2, 2016
    earth
    I let it run for several hours before touching the wallet and dcrctl. I was also checking the console output for some indication the sync was finished. Is there a certain complete message when the full sync is finished that I can search for in the console? I'm just not sure when it's complete.

8. Ayush

Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    U can check latest block from
    Dcrstats.com
    Once the same block is shown on dcrd. Sync is done for sure.

9. 00100100

00100100 New Member

Aug 2, 2016
    earth
    I refreshed everything again and made sure it caught up completely in block before recreating the wallet from seed. It still shows 0 balance. I checked it's the most up to date version of the package. Even the backup version of decred / dcrwallet I had was showing nearly 30 DCR (even though this amount was still wrong). What are my next options if the wallet isn't showing my balance after recreating from the seed once dcr is caught up to the whole blockchain?

10. Ayush

Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    I think u might have made some mistake.
    The resyncing wallet is sort of the last resort.
    Web wallet currently isn't supporting importing seeds. So I am sorry I don't think I can help you.
    :(
    If there is anything else let me know

11. 00100100

00100100 New Member

Aug 2, 2016
    earth
    Thanks for your help no matter what. I might have been to vague. I'm not using the web wallet but the CLI tools and when I say refresh I mean rename/move the support folders in the application support directory. Based on the advice I've seen that means I should still be able to move the old wallet support folder back into place and have access to the ~29 decred but I'm still at a loss of the rest of my funds. It's frustrating to see them tied to the correct address on the blockchain explorer which shows the correct balance 101.28597792 DCR lol. I'm just glad I only tried POS with a small amount.

12. 00100100

00100100 New Member

Aug 2, 2016
    earth
    I was finally able to recover the whole of my funds recreating the wallet from seed. I don't know why it took several tries but I'm just glad I got it back. I had the wallet verify the ownership over the address before checking the balance. Not sure if this made a difference. Anyway thanls for the help guys.

Tivra likes this.
  13. Tivra

Tivra Member
    Advocate (BitcoinTalk)

Dec 30, 2015
    Europe
    Often it is the case that recreating wallet from seed fixes such cases.