My Decred Trading Journey

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by valentyn_vasylenko, Feb 16, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. valentyn_vasylenko

valentyn_vasylenko New Member

Dec 27, 2015
    Male
    Hello guys,
    It has been almost a week since this currency is traded on bittrex.

The cost of 1 DCR is now a whooping $1.5 on average.
    Lets do the math 3244 people received an airdrop of roughly 282 DCR, that makes almost 1.4 million dollars in DCR on hands. That's massive.

I guess a lot of people sold their airdrop right away, but I hope there are people who managed to multiply their airdrop amount even without investing their own money. I want to encourage these people to step up and tell us their story to motivate other members.

I created this topic because I would like to be among these people. I deposited all of my decred airdrop to bittrex today (unfortunately it is still not showing up there), and I intend to double it in under a week after it shows up and report every step on the way. I hope it will encourage others to do something similar.

I also hope that we can have a nice trading discussion here, with more experienced members helping newbies.

Lets make some money!

DecredMiner likes this.
  2. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    I opened my wallet for staking right away and let it run until the balance was below the (current) Stake ticket cost(about 3 days). Now I have 137 stake tickets (transfer fees ate most of the rest).

I also sold some logo stickers to another user who took advantage of the 50% off launch deal I was running, so I have a little extra sitting in my wallet. I'll probably re-open it for staking and get that cycled out, too.

3. highlonesome

highlonesome Member
    Designer

Jan 11, 2016
    It's been great so far! Keeping most of it safe and trading a bit with the other. I'd love to stake, but it seems this neighborhood's power has brownouts like once a week or so, so that makes me kinda nervous about it. Are you new to trading Forex and/or cryptos? If so, just be careful, don't get reckless trying to reach that goal. Emotions will kill your balance. Anyways, good luck

koolykg likes this.
  4. Blizzy

Blizzy Full Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Male
    i would like to have a time machine..on day one a lot of noob have selled at @ 0.0013 their airdrop

and i have buyed a lot :):):)

of course now is all in POS!

koolykg likes this.
  5. Lee Sharp

Lee Sharp Sr. Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Independent Consultant
    Houston, Texas
    I waited for the price to settle down a bit, and used some of mine to buy some stickers from another user. They finally came today, and look quite good! I tried mining, but got passed rather quickly by the pools.

ClokworkGremlin likes this.
  6. koolykg

koolykg Jr. Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 1, 2016
    Female
    I traded some of my coins on Bluetrade and kept the rest. I am glad to hear that some of the community is trading decred for stickers to promote our new currencey. I am going to order some soon!!! I do not know how to use command lines so staking is out for me.

ClokworkGremlin likes this.
  7. ZomaX

ZomaX Member
    Designer

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Kept airdrop safe in a fresh account, bought a decent amount of undervalued day 1 Decred, and I'm now staking about half of them. I'm keeping the other half to see what PoS pools can do for me.

8. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    I haven't even touched my airdrop coins yet. Instead I have spent $12k on GPUs and I'm happily mining now. Buying coins instead would have only pumped the price unnecessarily.

9. Fsig

Fsig Member
    Developer

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    What sort of return are you getting with the mining?

10. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    It isn't profitable if you sell the coins now, no matter how many GPUs you have. Unless you have free electricity and you have old GPUs which were already written off during previous coin minings.

11. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    One guy from Russian branch on the forum invested a lot ( ~ 70 bitcoins ) in Decred.
    With the average price 0.0034
    Here is his balance now:

[​IMG]

I don't know if he want put them into PoS-mining now (probably no, it is super risky for such amount), I think just to sell them few dollars higher.

As for me, I sold 1.8 DCR (the rest after buying 137 voting tickets) and later bought back 1.5 DCR for the higher price :) But at least I've tested full flow of deposit and withdraw from bleu and bittrex.

negeroy and LastNinja like this.
  12. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    PoS mining from your own wallet probably not as risky as keeping them in an exchange ;)

13. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    I see you are just now spending the coins you have allegedly stolen from @bttjob for PoS tickets too.

14. Lee Sharp

Lee Sharp Sr. Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Independent Consultant
    Houston, Texas
    Nope. :) I bought stickers to promote my own open source project, SmallWall. Just put on on a firewall, and they look very good!

You see, payment and wealth exchange is the value I see in these currencies, not speculation. So I am using it for that! I also am working on a product I will be selling for Decred only.

CrzyTed and ClokworkGremlin like this.
  15. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    Way to go him, looks like the going price is about triple what he paid.

16. bitabc

bitabc New Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    just buy buy buy!!!

17. jimmy16

jimmy16 Jr. Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    I will send one
    2016 American Silver Eagle 1oz PCGS 70
    for 30 DeCred.
    by usps registerd

18. RandaFlores

RandaFlores New Member

Apr 23, 2019
    Female
    London
    #18 RandaFlores, Mar 30, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    In fact, it is so. I worked near forex for the last couple of years. But I do not know the main principles still. Whar forex broker to use to get more income? How do I need to trade? What opinion is confident for me? And who will help me on the first stages? Can you share your own experience and your examples?