Newcomers, Please Introduce Yourself Here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kirigi, Dec 30, 2015.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Freemind

Freemind Member
    Translator (Español)

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    Hi and welcome @grid!

2. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Welcome! just one advice for you, never believe what trollbox says :p

3. grid

grid New Member

Feb 9, 2016
    Hehe, you're right. It's all troll anyway. But at least now I know how to run a Decred node, and it's easier than ETH

4. grassi giuliano

grassi giuliano New Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Software Engineer at Netstream AG
    Switzerland - Zurich
    Hey everyone, im giuliano, working as a sw engineer for a swiss isp, currently working with scala, before java and some android for the company... while in college i implemented a vpn service called StrongSwan to android, which required C and C like JNI, also created a proof of concept to destroy the DNSEC2 concept in python... ive basic knowledge about IT Security but i can learn quick if someone points to the right location.

So if i can contribute, i guess it depends on what you want me to do, but basically it would be nice to help.

As a first request, it would be cool to have a how to section for all people not working since ever on the project to get some insights, the forum is somehow a time consuming and not indexed platform where its hard to get information fast. Is there already such a section?

Have all nice start

5. TheFuture

TheFuture New Member

Feb 20, 2016
    Male
    Hey guys, I'm jacob I have no idea what any of this is but one of my friends said that some how you can "mine" decreds, that it is pretty much free money? and later once decreds is big like bitcoin you could sell it and make a lot of money:) so right now I'm in the process of figuring stuff out. don't think I'm gunna make it to far sense I don't really know what to download and how to start off.
    so if anybody wants to hmu with a pm that would be greatly appreciated!

6. Neurosploit

Neurosploit New Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    .NET Software Engineer
    Amsterdam
    Welcome TheFuture. There are some guides in the Technical Support section of the forums. If you need help after that just ask there or send a PM.

7. John Lowe

John Lowe New Member

Feb 20, 2016
    Male
    I'm John. Retired systems analyst. Lots of experience with Linux, GNU, servers, networking, mainframes, etc. Very interested in block chain and crypto currencies.

8. Sinan

Sinan New Member

Feb 20, 2016
    Male
    hi, im UK stoyan. please teach me how to start

9. bones

bones New Member

Feb 10, 2016
    Male
    Systems Designer (AV)
    Austin Texas USA
    Hello everyone!
    My name is James better known as Bones by my family. You all can call me Bones as in family. I am a systems designer in Austin Texas and have watched crypto-currency for awhile. I own BTC and have been privileged to be included in the decred air drop. I have been lurking on this forum since I received my drop and decided to come up front and say howdy. I do have a decred web wallet with my drop in it, however I did not do it in the way that miners were doing it as my systems are not ready yet. So basically I assume all is well with my wallet as I do not and did not have any of the problems I have read here- which makes me wonder as I do not normally do things correct the first time. I did not receive correspondence on the testnet and mainnet but stumbled on the fact it had happened. I simply went to decred.org scrolled down to the bottom and clicked on web wallet then entered my seed and what not and wa-la it was there. At first it said testnet below my wallet name but now that is gone and there is nothing below the name. As I said I assume all is well but if anyone knows differently as to the procedure I used please let me know. Until then I am quite comfortable sitting here in the future.
    Bones

10. Ayush

Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Hey guys I am Ayush.
    A student but do a lot of research in latest technology.
    Decred has got my full attention and I must say I didnt take a wrong decision while getting involved with decred. I think decred shall go a long long way.....

11. sembrador

sembrador New Member

May 13, 2016
    Male
    Web Developer
    Panama City, Panama
    Hi, I'm sembrador, I'm a Web Developer. I strongly believe in the future of this project, and I'm willing to help at all to make it so.

12. Tivra

Tivra Member
    Advocate (BitcoinTalk)

Dec 30, 2015
    Europe
    Welcame to Giuliano, Sembrador, Ayush, James, John & Stoyan

Ayush likes this.
  13. Ayush

Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    User tags whould be helpful :)
    @Tivra

14. Hazard

Hazard New Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Earth
    Hi Everyone! Longtime lurker... now a forum member!

icy_gumdrops, bones and David like this.
  15. Welcome @Hazard

So great to read about you all bright minds :)

16. Tivra

Tivra Member
    Advocate (BitcoinTalk)

Dec 30, 2015
    Europe
  17. MrWolf

MrWolf New Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Male
    BE
    Hi, i've been following this project for a few months and i'm currently staking Decred. Finally got around to making a forum account. Glad to be on board and looking forward to how this is going to turn out!

Alexoz likes this.
  18. N3wb1e

N3wb1e New Member

Jun 12, 2016
    Europe
    Hey i've been following this project since mainnet start, I didn't sign for the airdrop because of other hurries, but I started POW when difficulty was low and now been POS what i got from POW and also invested some more. Coin seem's pretty promising. POW/POS combination seem's fair and working and there's no need to do separate "paper wallet" because you only print your seed to paper and you got your "cold-storage" I believe that price go up, when POS-GUI is released. Good work devs.

19. Zerolem

Zerolem New Member

Nov 28, 2016
    Male
    Budapest
    Hello everyone! I don't know, where can I tell my problems, please redirect me, if neccesary. I want to make a Decred wallet, join a pool, and mine. But I can't. Try to follow the steps of Windows Getting Started, but yet the first step is a mess. On the github link, I can't find "decred-[version]-windows-386-[date].zip" as the text says. Only exe file, but it's not fitting the description.

20. Alexoz

Alexoz Member

Just wait the 20th of this month for the new release!