Newcomers, Please Introduce Yourself Here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kirigi, Dec 30, 2015.

1. 2017/08/25 - Decred v1.0.8 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. MarSas

MarSas New Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Male
    You don't need a wallet just to mine. You can send your DCR to an exchange. However, should you wish to stake, then you need a wallet.

2. Blazin8888

Blazin8888 New Member

Feb 4, 2017
    Hawaii
    Hello friends, I am new here. Do you think this coin will hit 40-50k SAT again? What is a good buy in point?

Good to be here...made an intro post with a couple more questions.

3. Tivra

Tivra Member
    Advocate (BitcoinTalk)

Dec 30, 2015
    Europe
    When Bitcoin was $100, people said: "it's too late to buy, it can't rise above $100"

So I tell you my honest opinion:

$3.5 is cheap... in the long-term, Decred will rise much above that.

My 2cents

4. Blazin8888

Blazin8888 New Member

Feb 4, 2017
    Hawaii
    Yes but always good to buy in at a good price, for me a safe price would be 40-50k levels? I guess will have to watch this one over the next few weeks while I learn more. I have posted a separate intro post with a few more questions. Thank you!

5. Alexoz

Alexoz Member

Hum good question can we sustain $20k a day?

6. aacirino

aacirino New Member

Sep 20, 2016
    Male
    Physicist
    Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
    Hi people, I am a Physicist interested in the technical aspects of cryptocurrencies and also on its usage by the society as an alternative to currency monopoly by governments. I would like to contribute to Decred and help it grow.

I am from Brazil and currently studying my PhD.

7. davecgh

davecgh Hero Member
    Developer Organizer

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
  8. jcv

jcv Full Member
    Developer

Hey aacirino. Good to see math/physics people here (I was an astronomer before becoming a developer).

9. peterzen

peterzen New Member

Mar 30, 2017
    Male
    Budapest
    Hi all, I've been hanging out on the slack channel for a while but somehow didn't find my way to this intro forum so here it is. I'm a software engineer with a product manager slant, I've been following the project for several months and find it awesome both as a community and technology. Looking forward to get more involved in the development.

10. jcv

jcv Full Member
    Developer

peterzen I haven't forgotten about your docker PR. You just picked a crazy time to submit it :)

11. peterzen

peterzen New Member

Mar 30, 2017
    Male
    Budapest
    No worries :) This way I had some time to polish it a bit.

12. Noobhere

Noobhere New Member

Apr 28, 2017
    Male
    Venezuela
    Hello Everyone,

I've been following/researching Decred for a few months now and have only now decided to start contributing with my two cents (in addition to the actual two cents I have in DCR).

I am not a developer, my background is in finance/economics with experience in valuation and modeling. I hope can contribute to the forum as well as the development of the project in this area. Just PM me.

Besides investment and research, my experiences in technology also include mining cryptocurrencies and 3D Printing (what else, right?). So, if you guys decide to print DCR coins (although one at a time) I may be able to provide additional assistance.

Cheers,

13. jcv

jcv Full Member
    Developer

Not sure how useful 3d printed coins would be, but it would be really damned cool.

14. Whizzkid

Whizzkid New Member

May 17, 2017
    Male
    Spain
    Hi there, I have already Decreds in my Web-based Decred Wallet, how can I cash out directly to bank account, if possible?

15. jcv

jcv Full Member
    Developer

You can't just 'cash out' with any cryptocurrency to a bank account. You need to find an exchange where you can either seel dcr for USD (or whatever currency you want) or trade for another currency that can be sold for fiat. If you look around the forums you will see lots of mentions for what exchanges work with decred.

16. bearlow

bearlow New Member

May 25, 2017
    Male
    Timisoara, Romania
    Hi all, I'm a software developer from Romania. I'm interested in learning about the blockchain and cryptocurrencies in general.
    I currently work for a local company, developing web technologies.

17. davecgh

davecgh Hero Member
    Developer Organizer

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    Welcome @bearlow, always good to have more developers around.

18. Keiaar

Keiaar New Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Male
    Riga, Latvia
    Hi All,
    My name is Kaspars. I work in finance and consulting on various due diligence projects. Looking forward to contribute to the community and the development of Decred. Keep up the good work!

19. John Tolle-Barlow

John Tolle-Barlow New Member

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles
    What's up with the avatar.img upload functionality...? I'm John by the way. Looking forward to testing this code.

20. John Tolle-Barlow

John Tolle-Barlow New Member

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles
    Anonymous