Newcomers, Please Introduce Yourself Here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kirigi, Dec 30, 2015.

1. 2017/09/23 - Decred v1.1.0 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Noah

Noah Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Feb 1, 2016
    Male
    Amsterdam
  2. glynn

glynn New Member

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Hi, I am Glynn. From UK but live in Malaysia.

I am a programmer and this is a cool project from some smart guys. I want to help ;)
    Am running a node on my laptop and will get a PC for that.
    I will do tasks on the codebase -- Hey at least I'm gonna learn golang

Cheers

3. jcv

jcv Full Member
    Developer

@glynn at least for testnet, I tend to run nodes on very cheap VPSes. Works well and means I don't have to worry about port forwarding things to my desktop.

4. glynn

glynn New Member

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Hi,
    Thanks .. for now am running on free tier from Singapore. But I did see some really cheap offers in Europe. http://cryto.net/~joepie91/bitcoinvps.html
    The cheapest I saw was < 10 EUR / Year - lPv6 address only, low RAM and diskspace, but very much cheaper than the big guys.

For testnet I will use my laptop for now -- am at the start of learning the dcrd codebase. I am hoping to do 3 things:
    1) Learn new and interesting stuff
    2) Contribute as a developer - am leaning golang
    3) Help crypto coins move towards being real alternative currencies -- rather than tokens for investment.

5. MBowie

MBowie New Member

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    Nepal
    Hi, I'm Mbowie, I'm completely new to this forum and crypto. I have made a mistake of sending my decred to the bottom address rather the top one from the key generator and that is why I am here. I have the transaction confirmation at Changelly, but the decred address is apparently 'invald' can anyone here tell me what I can do to solve this, please? Or have I lost the coins forever?

What happens when you use the public address for send the coins?

6. glynn

glynn New Member

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    MBowie likes this.
  7. MBowie

MBowie New Member

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    Nepal
    Thank you glynn, actually I feel a bit stupid, everything worked out fine, just the coins were not accounted for several hours and I panicked during that time and thought I did something wrong, lol. Thank you for the advice.

8. glynn

glynn New Member

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Glad all is good .. welcome to decred

9. terminalsuspekt

terminalsuspekt New Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles
    I'm new! I am already in love with DCR and crypto after only 1 week! Where can I score some DCR swag?

10. Reuben Buthello

Reuben Buthello New Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Male
    Mumbai
    Hi, Reuben here. I am an entrepreneur from Mumbai, India... Recently built my first mine... Here to learn

11. hey y'all

this is ejectum, artist

i've recently found decred, currently reading a lot about it (here and at the docs) and i'm trying to find a way to contribute to the project (i.e. transition from lurker to participant :))

12. Hello everyone! I'm a Javascript dev and Cryptocurrency enthusiast, discovered Bitcoin in late 2012. I also am a co-host for the Dallas Bitcoin meetup.

I've been meaning to look more into Decred when I first heard Charlie Lee recommend it. Now that the Bitcoin civil war has reached epic proportions. It's time for me to find a better community. Oh and I'm also a huge fan of Lisk being a JS dev hehe...

But I really like what I've seen so far on Decred, going to watch a few more videos and read more, but will make a big move into DCR tonight.

Any recommendations?

I also blog about Cryptocurrencies here and will add Decred to the list:
    https://medium.com/cryptocurrency-citizen