Newcomers, Please Introduce Yourself Here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kirigi, Dec 30, 2015.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Hello, World! My last gaming rig had a VIC-II graphics "card". Is that okay for Decred PoW? ;)

2. lavaz

lavaz New Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Hi, my name is Rob. Glad to be here - always like to be part of new movement. I did some mining with bitcoins, got Goxed. Hope for
    better results with Decred. Hardware enthusiast and anything that goes fast. Would like to help with mining/hardware stuff.
    Happy new year to all :)

3. badani

badani New Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Female
    India
    I am badani from india. i maintain systems for my clients, say roughly 500 servers. I was late to bitcoin.But this time, i want to be on the spot mining and using the cryptocurrency.
    Happy new year to everyone and decred.

4. Kelvin Mutuma

Kelvin Mutuma New Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    I formally used to work on developing a stock analysis and trade application for African securities exchanges, now I work at an open source web based git repository manager.

I missed the BitCoin train, but I am here to ROCK!!!!!

Happy New Year to everybody!!!!!

5. Anarki

Anarki Jr. Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Hi I'm Anarki (Quake 3 is where I got it),
    I currently studying computer science hoping to get a PhD out of it and at least start a I.T. company,
    I have general knowledge in computing ranging from hardware, programming, crypto, security, etc...
    because of this I run a Web/Game/NAS server from my home for fun.

I did some mining a some years back but with the rig I had back then was embarrassing slow for the time so I stopped.
    Happy new year to both Decred and everyone as this will be a fun journey.

6. Benjamin P

Benjamin P New Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Hi everyone! I am Benjamin. Highly eager to learn more about crypto currency.

7. Terminator

Terminator New Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Hello! I am Terminator and currently I am studying computer science and I want to learn about cryptocurrency.

raahi likes this.
  8. shadowm

shadowm New Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    Hi! I'm Alexander. I'm security officer in finance industries. Like to help with development.

9. Costin

Costin Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    JavaScript
    Liverpool
    Welcome abord everyone! And happy new year!

10. Jonathan P.

Jonathan P. New Member

Welcome to all the new comers. It is exciting to have you all aboard. Costin, Happy New Year brother! Happy New Year to you all! May 2016 be the Year of Digital Currency! :)

11. DonnyM

DonnyM New Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    Engineer
    I joined the Reddit and Bitcoin Talk Decred Forums a little while ago and some how missed this one. I am a Engineer in the US and have been mining Cure Coin and Bitcoin for around a year. Like others here I see this as potentially being a great coin so I want to be here from the ground up. Signed up for the Drop but do not have much of a online presence. Hopefully its enough to get the drop to kickstart my Decred future.
    Excited to be involved.

Donny

12. S1lentB0SS

S1lentB0SS New Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Welcome to the new Members

13. Freedom2Choose

Freedom2Choose Full Member
    Designer

Dec 17, 2015
    Designer
    USA
    Hello, I design/manage eCommerce sites by day and tinker, learn, and game in the evenings. As much as I work with software during my days I have a soft spot hardware and efficiency. Proficient in Ai, Id, xmPie, AutoCAD. Studying CSS.

marcus and Costin like this.
  14. Benjamin P

Benjamin P New Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Welcome to all the new members and Happy New year to all of you!

15. raahi

raahi New Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    I am raahi. I am learning golang and would like to contribute something to this new coin so as to create a landmark for myself and the coin( though coin itself is a landmark).I am systems engineer in India.I would like to mine/sell decred coins.Hope i am selected for the airdrop.Happy new year to the coin and everyone else.

16. Costin

Costin Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    JavaScript
    Liverpool
    Hey mate. Did you send a message to @_ingsoc ?

raahi likes this.
  17. raahi

raahi New Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    yes, i have figured it out from the forums, but thanks for the help. Hope i am selected.

18. raahi

raahi New Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    I would like to thank everyone for helping me out to ride the decred train.The forum is wonderful and extremely helpful.community members and the admins are extremely eager to help in minutes ( less then 3 minutes, see above for example). Such a community will definitely move forward towards success.I am extremely happy to be a part of such a dynamic community.If there is something i can help with, drop me a message anytime.

marcus and kirigi like this.
  19. theonlyrealoneleft

theonlyrealoneleft New Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Male
    Happy New Year to all. I'm a college student with no experience in cryptocurrency, just looking forward to seeing where this goes.

20. Costin

Costin Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    JavaScript
    Liverpool
    I'm sure everybody's welcome. You can always learn! Welcome aboard mate!

ZomaX and theonlyrealoneleft like this.