No Target Set ! Reconnecting To Pool And Panic: Runtime Error

Discussion in 'gominer' started by tokeneffort, Feb 25, 2017.

1. 2017/09/23 - Decred v1.1.0 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. tokeneffort

tokeneffort New Member

Feb 24, 2017
    Male
    Harpenden, England
    #1 tokeneffort, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    Hi all,

I'm new to mining and would really appreciate some help.

I'm running gominer on windows 10 with a GTX 1080. I have a worker running on decredpool.org. gominer seems to be running fine apart from the fact that I get an error message normally up to 30 minutes from starting and the program stops running.

upload_2017-2-25_9-23-50.png

It starts with an ERR Pool: No target set! reconnecting pool, then a few lines of 'found hash with work below target' and ends with a 'panic; runtime error: index out of range'.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me resolve this.

Hi all, just an update from me if it helps someone else using the GTX 1080.

I gave up with gominer on the decred pool. I am now using ccminer version 1.8.4 on the supernova pool which seems to be working fine and no disconnects or crashes. I had previously installed the version 8.0 CUDA drivers having first installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 community edition.

2. jcv

jcv Full Member
    Developer

What version of gominer were you using? I'm pretty sure I fixed that issue in the 0.8.0 release.

3. jcv

jcv Full Member
    Developer

Actually, I take that back. I fixed right AFTER 0.8.0. So if you build from source with the latest master you should not hit that.

4. tokeneffort

tokeneffort New Member

Feb 24, 2017
    Male
    Harpenden, England
    Thanks, I used the windows installer :

'dcrinstall-windows-amd64-v0.8.2.exe' to install decred and Paymetheus and then used this to install gominer.

‘gominer-windows-amd64-cuda-v0.6.0.zip’

5. jcv

jcv Full Member
    Developer

0.6.0 is a very old gominer. You should probably at least use 0.8.0 but I think the bug you hit is only fixed in master (which would require you either build it yourself or wait for the upcoming 1.0.0 release).

6. tokeneffort

tokeneffort New Member

Feb 24, 2017
    Male
    Harpenden, England
    Thanks, I think I'll wait for 1.0.0!