Nodes?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by MCXI, Jan 17, 2018.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. MCXI

MCXI New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Does Decred have nodes? And if so, where do I sign up?

2. wyrd01

wyrd01 New Member

Jan 13, 2016
    Male
    Agency Care-worker (part-time computer scientist)
    South East England
    When you run the wallet, you can buy 'tickets' for voting that gather new decred along with the typical blockchain miners.. that's Proof-Of-Stake and Proof-Of-Work systems respectively.

Not sure if either the mining software or the wallet would be referred to a a node though.

3. MCXI

MCXI New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Thank you for input ! So if I buy tickets? Do I have to vote? What does voting accomplish aside from providing a yes or no?

4. wyrd01

wyrd01 New Member

Jan 13, 2016
    Male
    Agency Care-worker (part-time computer scientist)
    South East England
    the default is set to 'abstain' which still counts as a vote.. it can take about a month for it to do what it needs to do, whereby the funds then get returned to you (an hopefully a bit bigger).. They cost a lot though 80+decreds and it's best to use a 'pool' which is a 3d-party site that many other tickets join so as to even out the profits an prevent putting a stake in an getting nothing but the stake back.

The proposal creation an adoption part is still in the making (politeia based) so there aren't many proposals yet, but that will change and i expect important ones are still possible through this forum.

In competing crypto's with lesser security the proposal areas are where loads of people often try an get crypto for services, like marketing or software development, which looks good but with lack in security, censorship from outside parties will likely guide them into obsoleteness.

(someone correct me if i'm wrong)

5. MCXI

MCXI New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    #6 MCXI, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    So you should buy as any tickets as you can afford because you always get you're initial back??? 100% ?

To answer my own question the answer is YES lol

Now another funny question, how do you vote !?!?

6. MCXI

MCXI New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    I have absolutely have done that but my ticket says immature...!?!?!? and i cant find a definition of an 'immature' ticket....

Thank you for the help !

7. MCXI

MCXI New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Thank you.

8. Alegre

Alegre New Member

Feb 21, 2019
    Female
    Russia