Notice To Anyone Running A Wallet With --enablestakemining

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by ceejep, Feb 10, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Bill Threewits

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Banker
    North Carolina
    Trying to lock down AWS. Three rules, right? Should we allow all IP addresses access to these three ports (0.0.0.0/0); or rather; grant access to only our own IP?
    Thanks.

2. Bill Threewits

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Banker
    North Carolina
    Also, AWS users will need to open port 3389 to, at least, their own IP address. Otherwise you can't access desktop remotely.

3. Suraj

Suraj New Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    India
    #43 Suraj, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    Can somebody please help me with changing the balancetomaintain without stopping the wallet?
    To change the ticket price, I know there is setticketmaxprice but what about balancetomaintain?

4. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    its easy to restart in a few second if you use .bat and .conf files. Just edit the .conf with changed parameters. stop old wallet then daemon .bat and run again, unlock wallet (make a .bat for that too) it takes less than 30 seconds. To avoid any chance of a missed vote do it right after daemon processes a block.

Suraj likes this.
  5. Suraj

Suraj New Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    India
    Thank you for your reply, mate.

Wouldn't I lose my tickets if I stop the wallet? I have already bought some tickets and I'm not sure if I'd lose them if I stop the wallet.
    How should I end them? Just close the window or press Ctrl+C?

6. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    No you will not loose the tickets unless something gets corrupted in a abrupt shutdown, just use Ctrl+C. Also backup your wallet regularly even if you have seed and i should do that too now that i am preaching :D

Suraj likes this.
  7. Suraj

Suraj New Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    India
    That worked, dude! Thanks a lot ;) But then it'd have been good have a command like setticketmaxprice to change the balance to maintain too :)

sambiohazard likes this.