Software Online Address Generator

Discussion in 'Technical Development' started by 418Sec, Jan 5, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    For starters, if you're only trying to provide an option for people who don't want to put together a Go environment and build their own wallet generator, that already exists:
    Windows: 32-bit, 64-bit
    OSX: 64-bit
    Linux: 32-bit, 64-bit, ARM
    Those are in the airdrop E-mails that people who signed up are getting. You used one of them in your own backend(I'm going to assume the Windows x64 version, considering).

What Shoshin(I assume) and I are looking for is something self-contained that runs in the browser. There is no backend, it's all HTML and Javascript. No need to delete files(which isn't secure anyway, any data forensics rookie can recover a file that's just been deleted), because no files are ever created.

Your frontend looks great, but all you've done is write a web interface to remotely run an executable stored on a server somewhere and return the outputs.

2. llewdis

llewdis New Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 5, 2016
    Male
    I would be interested in helping (I don't have enough technical expertise with it's creation) to creating an open IMG for use to boot from a usb drive (similar to this: https://www.ledgerwallet.com/products/7-ledger-starter) for wallet generation. I have used this specific device for my ledger wallet. It is a simple linux environment with only the drivers and libraries required to create or regenerate the wallet after creation. It allows one to use any computer that is untrusted and boot into a trusted environment to accomplish one specific goal, the creation/recover of a wallet offline.

3. walkeralencar

walkeralencar New Member
    Translator (Português)

Dec 29, 2015
    Male
    CTO and PHP Consultant
    Brasília-DF, Brazil
    Plz no! i'm using ElementaryOs on my Notebook, and webinterface is on c9.io, everything in cloud, even IDE, nothing in Windows... lol

c9-decred.png

So, how can i help you in this... i'm high skiled in JS too, but done a faster way to get the result.

4. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    Well something in your backend is running a version of Windows, because your source file that I linked has "dcraddrgen.exe" listed as the software doing all the heavy lifting. I mean, I guess it could be run through WINE, but that seems needlessly convoluted when you have Linux binaries sitting right next to the Windows ones.

My approach would have been to grab the Bitaddress source code and the dcraddrgen source code and hack the address generator from dcraddrgen into Javascript to replace the Bitcoin one. It's basically what Walletgenerator.net did.

"Y U no do dis yourself?" Because I'm lazy and Javascript is far from my forte. I can work with it, but why when there are people who are much better at it? In fact I believe there are two separate groups on this forum alone who are working on exactly what I suggested.

5. walkeralencar

walkeralencar New Member
    Translator (Português)

Dec 29, 2015
    Male
    CTO and PHP Consultant
    Brasília-DF, Brazil
    how I said no Windows... i'm using: https://docs.c9.io/docs/writing-a-go-app, get the code and compiled a linux version. On gist script i leave .exe because haven't much ppl using linux.

On this site i'm using the class, how u can see: https://gist.github.com/walkeralencar/112bbe929a6711c9b35d#file-wallet-php-L28 isn't using .exe ;)