dcrwallet Paymetheus Not Working At All

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by bumbak, Jul 30, 2017.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. bumbak

bumbak New Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Male
    Croatia
    Hi,

I'm new to decred, downloaded paymetheus 1.0.5 64bit installer, installed it on win10 x64, everything went smooth but when I click on decred or paymetheus shortcut (or directly at .exe files) there are no windows opening or anything, I can only see in task manager that dcrwallet.exe is running but I can't get any GUI to show...

Can anyone please help me with this, issue, can't find anything similar on google..

2. Manlabor

Manlabor New Member

Dec 22, 2016
    Male
    US
    You have to be patient while it is loading. Especially the first time, while the blockchain is syncing. It doesn't look like anything is running for awhile. Also, you may need to retry it a couple of times before you get a good start. If you have a failed launch, make sure all of the decred programs are closed in task manager before starting again.

3. bumbak

bumbak New Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Male
    Croatia
    thx for quick replay but theres something else wrong here... I can run wallet in cli mode and it downloaded/synced complete blockchain just fine.. then again I tried to run gui but still nothing... no wallet window of any kind on my screen, like I didn't click it at all..

4. Manlabor

Manlabor New Member

Dec 22, 2016
    Male
    US
    On occasion, when I start paymetheus it will timeout with an error code of -1 or something. There is apparently some coding issue with the timing of the loading, which is why closing and reloading sometimes helps. Just make sure dcrd is closed in task manager before you restart the program. Are you using the same wallet for CLI and Paymetheus? This might be an issue also.

5. bumbak

bumbak New Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Male
    Croatia
    Paymetheus is acting the same whether or not there is cli wallet and blockchain downloaded.

when I click on decred icon (launcher.exe) I can see in task manager it runs dcrd.exe for a moment, then it disappears and that's it, nothing else happens

6. bumbak

bumbak New Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Male
    Croatia
    Finally got it... I had Rivatuner Statistics Server installed and running (from MSI Afterburner) and that was causing Paymetheus not to run :S
    with that gone everything works fine..