Paymetheus Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by ClokworkGremlin, Jul 15, 2017.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    I'm working with a friend on trying to get started in Decred, and it occurred to me that since not everyone wants to run the console wallet, and Copay doesn't support buying tickets for staking, she might need to use Paymetheus to buy stake tickets. OK, so I should probably familiarize myself with the Paymetheus UI.

So I downloaded and installed Paymetheus, try to run it, and...
    Clipboard-1.png
    Searched for "penimc.dll," looks like it's a little piece of info in certain touch-aware applications that gets corrupted if you have ever updated MS .Net from version 2.0 to any later version. Basically, the update unregisters the .Net 2.0 version of the .DLL and "forgets" to re-register the new one, so touch-aware apps don't know where to find it. Easy enough solution, just use good old regsvr32 to re-register the missing DLLs.
    (This handwaves about half an hour of mucking about and searching for error codes that finally led me to realizing I need to be running regsvr32 in Admin mode)
    So we do that
    Clipboard-2.png
    And now we try to run Paymetheus again, and we get...

Clipboard-1.png

So this is apparently not a problem that anybody has ever run into before while trying to use Decred?

2. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    I should mention, 2 reboots have been performed, just in case it's one of those things where %PATH% variables don't get updated mid-run. (Dear Microsoft: I hate you) Nope, same error message.

3. ClokworkGremlin

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    As usual for .DLLs, copying the indicated library to the executable folder causes the program to be able to find it. This is not a solution, however.