Pixel Art Buttons & Logo

Discussion in 'Darkroom' started by highlonesome, Jan 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. highlonesome

highlonesome Member
    Designer

Jan 11, 2016
    #1 highlonesome, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    So I made a retro version of the logo. Cause digital currency is totes 1980's cyberpunk. Whole new respect for pixel artists. Holy fuck. This is my first attempt at pixel art, hopefully it turned out okay. I've been looking at it for too long, I can't really tell at this point. Click to view:
    decred pixel.png
    Two PNG's, one expanded (above) and the original. With the original, keep in mind I did this a pixel at a time, so it is really tiny. If you want to resize either for something, be sure to turn any anti-aliasing/filtering/blurring off so the pixels will retain their sharp edges.

EDIT: I'm gonna be adding buttons as I make them to this thread. First up is something designed for medium/dark backgrounds. Lots more to come. Let me know what you think, I realize pixel art is kind of a niche aesthetic. If you have any requests for color schemes or whatever, let me know. And suggestions, of course!
    DECRED Accepted for dark bg 2x.png (click for full view, else it looks a bit blurry)
    DECRED Accepted for light bg 2x.png (for lighter background colors)

I plan to make some wallpapers with different background colors, but wanted to go ahead and post this as a resource.

Attached Files:

koolykg, regsanman, ZomaX and 2 others like this.
  2. Anarki

Anarki Jr. Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Nice work, I know how it feels to do pixel art, can't wait to see what you plan to do for wallpapers i'll most likley be using one of them.

highlonesome likes this.
  3. highlonesome

highlonesome Member
    Designer

Jan 11, 2016
    Thanks! I'll post here as soon as I get a couple done in the next couple days. And yeah, quite a bit different from the way I normally draw. seems like it'd be fun once you get used to it, tho!

ZomaX likes this.
  4. ZomaX

ZomaX Member
    Designer

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Really cool stuff!

highlonesome likes this.
  5. highlonesome

highlonesome Member
    Designer

Jan 11, 2016