Pool Question

Discussion in 'PoS Pools' started by kanopt, Apr 25, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. kanopt

kanopt New Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Portugal
    I'm mining decred, i have about 5 so far. I want to start staking it but i'm not rly sure how to. I'm guessing that 5 dcr wont be enough to mine solo. also staking pool seems to be closed? can anyone help me out xD. Should i stake solo? wait for another pool? is there any guide to both pool and solo stake mining? thx

I've got the blockchain and wallet part down so far...

2. Shadowlance

Shadowlance Full Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    You are correct; 5 DCR will not be enough. You'll need at least 10 then wait until the price drops that low. Given that staking is getting more popular, this may take some time. Of course, the more DCR you have, the higher ticket price you can accept. It is up to you to determine at what price you want to buy tickets.

The stake pool is currently closed as C0 does not want more than 5% of tickets being staked through a single pool initially. Once the 10 community pools are up (in the next couple of weeks I would expect) and each have 5% of tickets, this limitation will be removed. Until these pools are released, you can only solo stake mine.

Guides are available elsewhere in the forums and are coming in the official documentation which is currently being moved to a new platform.

3. kanopt

kanopt New Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Portugal
    And how can I see ticket prices and ticket reward? I'm currently mining decred (1600mh) so i'll soon have 10 ^^ thx

4. Might be wrong but i think this pool have launched on mainnet.

https://dcr.stakeminer.com/

5. Shadowlance

Shadowlance Full Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Check out www.dcrstats.com. It has all that and more.

6. kanopt

kanopt New Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Portugal
    Thx, guys! (that pool is indeed online) will now read up on tickets and so on and will let you know when i'm staking. once again, thx ^^

7. kanopt

kanopt New Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Portugal
  8. drunkenmugsy

drunkenmugsy Sr. Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Some other PoS info is in my signature.

9. kanopt

kanopt New Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Portugal
    awesome! I'll read it tonight! thank you!

10. naPS

naPS New Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Holy crap! 7.5% fee on that pool? Is that just for testing or something?

11. Lee Sharp

Lee Sharp Sr. Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Independent Consultant
    Houston, Texas
    It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. :) Some of the pools are set up in an expensive way with significant monthly costs. (Hosting on good services is not free.) There was a lot of discussion about how a 1% would cause many to loose money, not counting labor. I am sure that fee will be a marketing factor, and will fluctuate a bit. The question is will the users be willing to pay for a solid and well run system, or will this be a race to the bottom?