Pos Pool Question

Discussion in 'PoS Pools' started by nikos1978, Mar 31, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. nikos1978

nikos1978 New Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Male
    i want to ask something?
    When mining at pool pos mining
    And one ticket of your pool ticket vote does appear something at pool site??
    Like these ticket voted or something ???

2. Ayush

Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    I dont think so.
    All tickets information is collectively shown on https://stakepool.decred.org/stats
    If u want to check info about ur stake tickets use-

dcrctl -u USERNAME -P PASSWORD --wallet getstakeinfo

3. Cryptocoiner

Cryptocoiner New Member

Feb 10, 2016
    Yesterday I signed up to the pool which is leaded by the coguar banner https://stakepool.dcrstats.com. Asked for a help as soon as have not found a solution, and 24 hrs passed and nothing, does that support pop-up really works there? The question was: I run dcrwallet on my linux amd64 machine. When I run a command line according to the manual on the pool I get an error that no .cert found. What to do? Is there any WORKING manual for running wallet at the local linux machine and how to obtain bublic key address without errors?

4. jolan

jolan Sr. Member
    Developer

Dec 7, 2015
    Male
    Decred Team Member
    Sounds like you didn't specify a username and password which disables the RPC listener and also causes the TLS certificates to not be generated.

https://docs.decred.org/getting-started/user-guides/linux/#connect-your-wallet-to-the-decred-network

5. Cryptocoiner

Cryptocoiner New Member

Feb 10, 2016
    Thank You. Yes, I found the solution. Actually I was mislead by short PoS pool instruction, it must be more verbose. Why? When ppl want to mine on pool, like me. They usually do not have local wallet, but use exchange's one. Obviously, when I came to the PoS pool I checked the instruction which obviously did not work, cause it does not mention necessary steps which are needed and described in separate documentation. And I'm sure majority of people will face the same issue. PoS pool instruction which a user sees when log in first time to the pool MUST be updated to the full version or at least provide a link there. First user's impression is very important and if a person experiences difficulties in the very beginning it may happen that many people won't have enough patience and wish to continue with PoS mining.

6. jolan

jolan Sr. Member
    Developer

Dec 7, 2015
    Male
    Decred Team Member
    Yes that's a good point, it's written for people who are already familiar with the software. Some other instruction changes are planned so I will keep that in mind when updating them.

7. eshriek

eshriek New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Yes, good point. I'm not sure if I understand the concern you identified regarding sending coin from an exchange. If I do understand what you are saying then I would say the problem is systemic. Many (all?) coins suffer from this ambiguity. The DAO funding is the most prominent recent example (i.e., funds get returned to the exchange not the user (in some cases)) I recall this happening with Tokenly vending machines when they first started selling Spells of Genesis cards. Lots of reminders and warnings popped up after users started having trouble because they sent money from an exchange. I think it was a bit of a frustration for users who were familiar with the process to have to click through reminders. It took a few iterations of the tokenly bot software to find a balanced middle ground.

8. Cryptocoiner

Cryptocoiner New Member

Feb 10, 2016
    Does anybody met this issue. I followed the https://docs.decred.org/getting-started/user-guides/linux/ until
    "Connect your wallet to the Decred network" Step 2,
    running the command: ./dcrctl -u [daemon username] -P [daemon password] --wallet walletpassphrase [wallet password] 0
    I get [>] command prompt, and can not execute any dcrctl commands.

9. eshriek

eshriek New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Guessing that walletpassphrase needs to be in quotes, you missed the end quote, or there is a character in the password that needs to be escaped.

10. Cryptocoiner

Cryptocoiner New Member

Feb 10, 2016
    Then, can anybody (devs) provide an info regarding password rules, my password contains various chars including "]"?

Supposing "walletpassphrase" is a wallet private passphrase.

11. eshriek

eshriek New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Someone will likely answer the question definitively. It may help if you start a new thread (keep in mind the devs have likely answered the question already and they are busy.)

Before you do that, check this post in specific:

Description Of The Different Usernames, Passwords, And Passphrases

The post reads,

The entire thread is worth a read before moving forward.

Again, I'm guessing that it is a problem with the password. The simple and quick way to confirm this is to temporarily change the password. My passwords for dcrd and dcrwallet are alphanumeric only. Someone would have to gain physical access to my machine to exploit these passwords though.

12. Cryptocoiner

Cryptocoiner New Member

Feb 10, 2016
    Thank You for pointing the thread out. But the same thing again - a user must guess, search and learn to perform a simple task which coin provides. Its clear that Linux is a continuous learning, but the same should not be applied for the coins! ALL information must be gathered in one place, it must be checked and it should work.

13. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland