1. 2017/06/21 - Decred v1.0.5 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
    Dismiss Notice

Presenting: Pos Master!

Discussion in 'Proof-of-stake Mining' started by Shadowlance, Feb 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Shadowlance

Shadowlance
    Expand Collapse

posmaster.PNG

*ahem*

It is with great pride and no small amount of swearing that I present to you www.posmaster.info!

It's designed to be a PoS focused dashboard with more in depth analysis than the more generally focused dashboards. Currently it will display expected ticket returns that you can customize to view various scenarios. You can also enter your own data to view returns given an amount you have to invest.

Pleas note there's a bug on that tab for now. The text is repeated. Haven't tracked it down yet.
    I wanted to get this out now since there's a lot of talk on Slack about PoS rewards, so hopefully this will be useful. Currently you need to enter network data such as prices yourself, but I'm working on pulling that automatically. Other stats and graphs will also come in time.

Please post any suggestions or comments here.

Shadowlance

woot, Alexoz, David and 4 others like this.
  2. Jamie Holdstock

Jamie Holdstock
    Expand Collapse

3. Shadowlance

Shadowlance
    Expand Collapse

You can tell I'm not a designer lol. Yeah I think I'll get on the pretty before I add more stuff. Thanks for the suggestion!

4. Shadowlance

Shadowlance
    Expand Collapse

I've updated www.posmaster.info. It's somewhat prettier now and I've fixed the repeated text on the investment page.

5. jcv

jcv
    Expand Collapse
    Developer

Nice work.

I do notice that it tries to load javascript from an ip address. I know other than for local testing, I never allow js from radnom IPs. Might want to move that to some actual domain to make it look a little safer.

6. Shadowlance

Shadowlance
    Expand Collapse

I'll look into it. I'm using a platform called Shiny as I'm an engineer/analyst, not a web developer so all this javascript stuff is foreign to me. It's pretty customisable though so I'll see what I can do.

7. David

David
    Expand Collapse

Sweet!

Question... Does the fee column refer to the fee rate as set by 'dcrctl --wallet setticketfee' or the total fee for the transaction (as in fee rate per KB * transaction size in KB)?

A problem I've ran into with predicting ROI is that I haven't found a solid way to predict the total fee for a ticket purchase transaction. Most of my ticket purchase transactions seem to have a size of 295 bytes so that's what I've been relying on, but looking at the last stake purchase in the block explorer, this tx ID has a total tx size of nearly double what I use for my calculations.

8. Shadowlance

Shadowlance
    Expand Collapse

It's the actual fee you pay, so DCR/kb * transaction size. Toggling the stake pool checkbox changes the ticket size and subtracts the pool fee (which is hard coded to 5%, I need to make that changeable). Currently I have it hard coded as 539B for a pool tx and 296B for a solo tx. Looking at that tx ID, it must have been a pool ticket.

David likes this.
  9. David

David
    Expand Collapse

Great! I didn't know that stake pool ticket transactions were larger in size than solo stake transactions. That clears it up!

10. Shadowlance

Shadowlance
    Expand Collapse

I think that might just be my lack of knowledge setting up the domain. That IP is the one for the site, it's just not resolving to the domain name. If you ping www.posmaster.info, you actually get the main godaddy ip then that's forwarded to the actual site ip.

11. Shadowlance

Shadowlance
    Expand Collapse

www.posmaster.info has been updated! Now with dynamic pricing pulled fresh from the blockchain! No more manual updating. Plus a bunch of graphs and stats. I had some mempool fee graphs ready, but the data feed is dodgy so they'll have to wait.

Also, it's ugly as sin, so I'll work on a makeover after I get the mempool graphs working.

12. Shadowlance

Shadowlance
    Expand Collapse

Updated again! Added mempool graphs and some text on the investment page clarifying return periods.

Also, apologies for the frame redirect the site does. That's godaddy injecting that.

13. jcv

jcv
    Expand Collapse
    Developer

Looks nice, but wow, I knew godaddy was a not the best, but that is pretty poor from a major host. That sounds even worse than dreamhost, and I have had all sorts of issues with them in the past.

14. Shadowlance

Shadowlance
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I never would have went with them if I knew they did that. Also:

www.posmaster.info updated! Mostly cosmetic improvements. Fixed pool size actually showing tickets mined and reduced OHLC graph to a 1 month period.

15. Shadowlance

Shadowlance
    Expand Collapse

Hi all, I've just updated www.posmaster.info. The bar chart has had its axis rotated slightly so you can actually see the ticket fees. Dynamic updates for ticket prices and fees should be working properly now too.

Alexoz and davecgh like this.
  16. Shadowlance

Shadowlance
    Expand Collapse

I've finally got around to moving away from Godaddy for the site registration, so the url may not work for a couple of days until the new DNS records propagate. In the mean time, you can access the site directly from the IP: http://54.205.194.66/

17. Shadowlance

Shadowlance
    Expand Collapse

Ok, it's working again... Sorry about the delay.

18. jcv

jcv
    Expand Collapse
    Developer

Nice, the non-godday version is way better :) Only registrar I have more issues with than godaddy is network solutions.