Price Alert: How Will Decred's Release Effect The Price Of Bitcoins And Other Cryptocurrencies?

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by anondran, Jan 15, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. anondran

anondran Full Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Jan 13, 2016
    Male
    #1 anondran, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    Hello Decredians,

The Decred Airdrop is near and I can almost feel it. So, will the initial release of Decred affect,increase or decrease the price of Bitcoins and other altcoins?
    If so, how will it be effected?

2. Acilius

Acilius New Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Male
    Consultant
    Hamburg, Germany
    Hard to say, though based on the current development after Mike Hearn gave up on Bitcoin- it looks like a lot of people are jumping ship.

Michael likes this.
  3. anondran

anondran Full Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Jan 13, 2016
    Male
    Its going down.Im yelling timber, you better move..lol

Lee Sharp and Michael like this.
  4. RegenX

RegenX Jr. Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    down $45 since Hearns jumped ship just a few hours ago

5. anondran

anondran Full Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Jan 13, 2016
    Male
    Bet it goes below 100$, if Gavin quits

6. Michael Crego

Michael Crego Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Male
    Florida
    Hearns is working for Etherum now. Bitcoin is too established to fail at this time. Australia on board now which was a big roadblock. Let Bitcoin continue growth......at least until launch, then whatever.

Jim, koolykg and anondran like this.
  7. Lazarus

Lazarus New Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Male
    Project Manager / Business Consultant
    Hamburg, Germany
    Thats what I think. The current drop in bitcoin, boosted or even caused by Hearn's exit will most likely be temporary.

koolykg and anondran like this.
  8. Michael Crego

Michael Crego Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Male
    Florida
    Just representatives of Big banks feeling the pinch, and pumping money in to try to kill it. They know they are losing control, status, and a lot of income, so they TRY. Unfortunately you can't kill technology or progress. Bitcoin will be back to 430ish by the end of the weekend if not sooner. Just my opinion from analysis of data. Could be wrong about timing, but I highly doubt that I'm wrong overall.

9. Lee Sharp

Lee Sharp Sr. Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Independent Consultant
    Houston, Texas
    I think the correction my be a bit deeper and longer then that. But I doubt it will fall below $300. There are too many people that see that as a "deal" point that would come in.

10. Michael Crego

Michael Crego Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Male
    Florida
    You may be right. People, in general, are panicky animals, and not too bright. They fear MT. GOX repeat because of Cryptsy, so they dump Bitcoin to "cut their losses". If they thought it through logically, they would realize the faith in Cryptsy should be diminished, not in Bitcoin. Either scenario I'm ok with. At the end of the day crypto is undeniably the next state of our financial system. It only requires two basic elements for a currency to be successful. Awareness of and confidence in the currency. Bitcoin has already established this globally, and paved the way. Now it's our turn. We must promote heavily to the mainstream.

11. g3rszpi

g3rszpi New Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Male
    #11 g3rszpi, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    For the first few weeks after releasing Decred, i think it will not influence the price of BTC. Bitcoin it's pretty "known" now in the world. Decred must have an efficient marketing system to gain users and most importantly Thrust
    EDIT : And seems that many people are interested in this project. We can see from the very begining that the devs have a professional attitude. Keep on

Michael and Jim like this.
  12. justfog

justfog New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
  13. Michael Crego

Michael Crego Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Male
    Florida
    Which they will regret long term. Hearn's is a sellout, going to work for the establishment Bitcoin was designed to circumvent. Cryptsy was a big part of decline as well. For many of those who have "jumped ship", others have moved in to take their place. Mike Hearn's is NOT bitcoin. He is promoting his own personal agenda since selling out. Multi-million dollar profit = failure? I want to fail miserably then.

Lazarus likes this.
  14. hypero

hypero New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Student
    Canada
    Not too sure, but Bitcoin did go down a whole lot yesterday!

15. Renato Abreu

Renato Abreu Jr. Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    Programador
    Brazil
    I see the fall of bitcoin being bad for the Decred. I think it has a lot involved in that bitcoin will only migrate to Decred over time, the more the decred is disclosed and presented in a unique and differentiated way the market wants .... it will settle.