Price Speculation

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lenasurlenet, Jan 21, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Lenasurlenet

Lenasurlenet New Member
    Translator (Français)

Dec 27, 2015
    Female
    Paris
    Hi there Decred Forum Members

Here is a place for you to discuss your dream of getting rich or your nightmare of getting rekt by trading, mining, holding Decred.
    Now that this place exists it would be nice to let the other threads free of discussions about the price.
    Thank you for your understanding.

May Decred be with us

kruczy likes this.
  2. anondran

anondran Full Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Jan 13, 2016
    Male
    I'm expecting a 10-fold price increase this year

3. Johnshpon3

Johnshpon3 Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Male
    Telecommunications
    Slovenia
    Organic grow somwhere in neighborhood of 10-15% per year would be nice. Violent and crazy ups and downs is not something what I would appreciate much. This feature of Bitcoin is killing me right now. Fluctuations 20-30US$ per day is not good for my nerves. :rolleyes: Steady and slow but certain would be my moto for Decred.

BigBertha likes this.
  4. BigBertha

BigBertha New Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 18, 2016
    Male
    I am in the same boat with you johnshpon3

5. Blizzy

Blizzy Full Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Male
    I'ts hard to have stability in cryptocurrency price. This can appen only with very low volume, but is not a good thing.

The volatily is a part of the crypto market and i think is quite impossible to avoid that.

Akai and CoinHoarder like this.
  6. CoinHoarder

CoinHoarder New Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    @Blizzy I agree, you've got to embrace the swings. I think that if you care about swings, then you are not properly diversified. I think your crypto portfolio should be diversified, and that you should look into diversifying a non-crypto war chest of fiat, gold, silver, stock, and CDs.

I have no guesses as to how much the price of a Decred will be, but I don't particularly care. I do not think I will sell any in the first year.

koolykg likes this.
  7. jimmy16

jimmy16 Jr. Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    decred is worth more then any other...supply and demand... only 8% per-mine.. ethereum is 60,000,000 mil per mine @ $1.58..
    this is a true coin for the people...

8. anvoice

anvoice Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Male
    Some stability is necessary for mainstream adoption. Imagine getting paid in Decred today only to have it plunge 50% tomorrow. Swings are fine for speculators, but long-term stability will be a boon for getting the technology accepted widely.

Johnshpon3 likes this.
  9. drunkenmugsy

drunkenmugsy Sr. Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    #9 drunkenmugsy, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    I think we will see some wild fluctuations at first. So many people think decred is going to rocket up right off the bat. It just might. I think many will not sell or trade in anticipation of cashing out a bazillionaire in 2 weeks with just 50 coins.

I think these people will be sorely disappointed. At first there will be little opportunity to easily cash out for fiat. Once these people realize that there will then be a large drop as demand falls. Then once we get all those crazies out of the way we can go about the more normal climb to acceptance and value in decred.

koolykg likes this.
  10. Stunocide

Stunocide New Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 23, 2016
    Male
    This is going to be great, I cant wait until release.

1 person likes this.
  11. ZomaX

ZomaX Member
    Designer

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    As discussed elsewhere, this will most likely be the case. A good percentage of people will just sell the airdrop for (by some fairly reputable estimations) around $60. The price is expected by a few to start at about $0.45, so it's definitely going to plummet within the first few days - I personally believe to as low as or lower than $0.10. Growth from there on is what I wonder about, however. I'm a little annoyed with the general public's view of Decred, as they aren't doing any actual research. From what I've seen, many see Decred, the fact that it was developed by some important people, and call it 'just another cryptocurrency'. This is a very stupid mistake. If they took five minutes to do some research, they would discover a revolutionary PoW/PoS governance system, a community with unrivaled determination, and a truly unique cryptocurrency. Unfortunately, public acceptance is one of the most important components of Decred's survival. Like I've said before, I don't worry much about the price - I don't really think that Decred needs to be expensive for its worth to be realized. I worry more about how people will view Decred, if Decred will be able to change digital currency, and the success of this entire endeavor. People confuse price for value, and with cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Litecoin, this makes sense as price (and convenience for an online market) is essentially the entire selling point. Decred has much more to offer, however, which is why even if the price were to dip to $0.01, I would rather keep my airdrop then sell it. Just my opinion though, and I'm absolutely certain some of the people who do sellout the second a market accepts Decred will make more money than at least a few who don't.

koolykg and (deleted member) like this.
  12. drunkenmugsy

drunkenmugsy Sr. Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    I am going to shamelessly plug my silver bullion for decred post now... hehe

https://forum.decred.org/threads/decred-for-1oz-999-silver.264/

koolykg likes this.
  13. Noah

Noah Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Feb 1, 2016
    Male
    Amsterdam
    Whatever happens, I'd be happy to buy around 100 Decred in exchange for bitcoin. Just to support the project ;) Is there already any known method of exchange?

Freemind likes this.
  14. drunkenmugsy

drunkenmugsy Sr. Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    I am sure there will be but no exchange has decred up yet as far as I have heard. A few have said they will. We will see after launch who really does it.

15. koolykg

koolykg Jr. Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 1, 2016
    Female
    I agree with you. I try to diversify my portfolio. I do not put all my eggs in one basket. There will be take offs in certain investments at different times. If I were to invest in only crypto-currency, I would not have the opportunity to reap the possible rewards of certain investments. Staying open is always good for long-term investors.

16. Blizzy

Blizzy Full Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Male
    Nice to see a lot of buy orders on Bleutrade :)

i have buyed 3 btc last night @ 0.0013 - 0.0015 and now is 0.0030 :D

i' m holding then pool POS everything!

Freemind likes this.
  17. Lenasurlenet

Lenasurlenet New Member
    Translator (Français)

Dec 27, 2015
    Female
    Paris
    Well played @Blizzy Last night I was too busy trying to send some DCR to Bleutrade in order to make more coins with it. As a result, I missed the "cheap" train as the free coins are still stuck in the wallet. I bought some today at twice the price because I am a really bad trader :)

18. Blizzy

Blizzy Full Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Male
    #18 Blizzy, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    My prediction was right price is normalizating now and will go down to 0.0020

this is a good thing.

overpriced coin like ETH are the worst thing on crypto

Johnshpon3 and Rune S like this.
  19. highlonesome

highlonesome Member
    Designer

Jan 11, 2016
    No worries, I WAS pretty good at regular Forex trading. Now my trusty Fibonacci charts aren't working so well, REALLY glad I didn't trust them with this like I normally do. BUT, learning as I go. Should be good as long you don't risk a lot! Paper trading works really well for practice, too, watching the price action. I'm not sure if it's crypto trading in general that's working differently or if it's because Decred is so new. I imagine the latter. Mostly.