Pydecred

Discussion in 'User Projects' started by kefkius, Jan 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. kefkius

kefkius New Member
    Developer

Jan 6, 2016
    Male
    #1 kefkius, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    I'm working on a python library for Decred, boringly-named pydecred. https://github.com/Kefkius/pydecred

My own purpose for making it is so I can put Decred-related tools in my cryptocurrency developer toolbox, Hashmal (https://github.com/mazaclub/hashmal). But, it may end up helping someone else, if only by making it convenient to work with Decred data via a Python interpreter.

Some current things I need to do are:

- Implement awesome Decred stuff when the Decred source is released.

negeroy, ZomaX and tacotime like this.
  2. davecgh

davecgh Hero Member
    Developer Organizer

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    I'm sure it will be useful for people. I know Python is quite popular.

negeroy and tacotime like this.
  3. jcv

jcv Full Member
    Developer

Cool. I haven't really done python seriously in a few years but it is always good to have things in other languages and python is a pretty good choice for this type of thing. I'll definitely keep an eye on this.

4. ocminer

ocminer Jr. Member
    Pool Operator (PoW)

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    kefkius likes this.
  5. kefkius

kefkius New Member
    Developer

Jan 6, 2016
    Male
    Huzzah! I may end up uploading this to PyPI if you don't (so people can 'pip install decred-hash') if that's cool with you.

tacotime likes this.
  6. ocminer

ocminer Jr. Member
    Pool Operator (PoW)

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    Sure, absolutely!

7. kefkius

kefkius New Member
    Developer

Jan 6, 2016
    Male
    Cool. PyPI requires that either 'author' and 'author_email' - or 'maintainer' and 'maintainer_email' - be specified in the called to setup() in setup.py. If you don't want to add that, I can just put myself as maintainer. Doesn't really matter.

tacotime likes this.
  8. ocminer

ocminer Jr. Member
    Pool Operator (PoW)

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    Sure, just go ahead, no problem for me, I'm still credited in the readme anyway.

9. kefkius

kefkius New Member
    Developer

Jan 6, 2016
    Male
    Alrighty, I've got most opcodes implemented (but not pushed to a repo). There is...quite a bit of stuff to implement from txscript. Rest assured, I'm hacking away at it.

tacotime likes this.
  10. kefkius

kefkius New Member
    Developer

Jan 6, 2016
    Male
    It's coming along nicely. Enough functionality is there for me to start making tools with it:
    [​IMG]

11. tacotime

tacotime Hero Member

Dec 7, 2015
    @kefkius, this is excellent work! I've made a new section on the forum called User Projects and moved this project there. I figured we could move projects that mature from other sections of the forum into this area and give them more exposure. Forgive the x-post, as I'm posting this to all the newly created user projects.

Let me know if you have a Twitter handle, so the project can create awareness for you that way too. Regardless, will tweet about them and direct people here. Would love to drive some interest into these to help them mature even further.

kefkius and negeroy like this.
  12. kefkius

kefkius New Member
    Developer

Jan 6, 2016
    Male
    @_ingsoc thanks. The tool in the screenshot is of the project mentioned in the OP, Hashmal. Since my last post I've been expanding Hashmal's functionality in such a way that no "Decred Stack" plugin is needed (at least, as of writing, on the branch "develop"). Decred scripts can be evaluated like Bitcoin scripts by setting the "chainparams" value to "Decred." The Decred chainparams are added by my extra plugin pack, https://github.com/Kefkius/hashmal-plugins.

My twitter handle is @kefkius. You'll know it's the right one if you see screenshots of Hashmal :p

This is a Decred script in the Stack Evaluator:

[​IMG]

Using this expanded functionality, you can work with Decred transactions and such too:

[​IMG]

Here's a Decred block header (This block-related functionality is only in my local repo at the moment while I make sure it works):

[​IMG]

LastNinja likes this.