In Progress Rfp-1: Windows Wallet Ui / Ux Overhaul

Discussion in 'Requests for Proposals' started by jrick, Feb 15, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Thanks for replying. I hope you implement it soon. I generally use coin control when i want funds back in the same address or one of my labeled addresses. If you can like any QT wallet just allow the user to check a box and enter a change address, i can specify it easily.

Without that i have to input the change address as an output where whole change would go and i have to calculate the change or send whole balance to change address as i can't see the unspent inputs in my wallet. I use it very effectively to consolidate my coins & reduce future tx fees.

Also with buying tickets, it would be awesome if we can see ticket price & tx fee estimate on a "Buy Tickets" tab so that it would be easy to buy multiple tickets by splitting the balance & sending multiple sstx. This will make it very easy to use stakepool.

2. jrick

jrick Member
    Developer

Jan 4, 2016
    Male
    Reusing an address won't save you anything on you on your transaction fees, but explaining why is off topic for this thread. We can move that discussion to a new thread if you're confused.

If you have other suggestions unrelated to this RFP, they can be posted in the "What Does The Software Need" thread.

3. @madferreiro

@madferreiro New Member

Dec 17, 2015
    Guys, I'm not skilled in design(I'm a software enginner).
    Is there any designer out there willing to work with me?

harolds likes this.
  4. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Coin control & Buy Tickets tab are my suggestions for GUI wallet.

Just as a last point, i understand that reusing address doesn't save me fees but not able to specify custom change address fragments my inputs into x different addresses and increases future fee (which are already too high & fixed on decred while blocks are empty). Do you now see what i mean? Custom change address can go a long way in not fragmenting my inputs.

5. skynet

skynet New Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Male
    Russian Federation
    How to download to install Windows dcrwallet software?

6. harolds

harolds New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Male

than you need because time friend but I need to know what 's on your mind and want to work on the team help with what I can

7. Neurosploit

Neurosploit New Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    .NET Software Engineer
    Amsterdam
    .NET software engineer here. Currently in a full-time job already but I would be happy to help out in whatever way I can. I've mostly been involved in web projects on the front and backend. However no real UX experience so I might not be of much help for this RFP. I have quite some experience in software testing as well.

Blizzy likes this.
  8. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    David and ClokworkGremlin like this.
  9. ZomaX

ZomaX Member
    Designer

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    #29 ZomaX, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    For the visual design, I'm working on a little mockup - is this the type of design you're looking for? I'm still working on it and the tabs are temporary.

Attached Files:

10. Iam Ilanrab

Iam Ilanrab New Member

Jan 12, 2016
    I took a look at the code on Github. It's all C++/WTF.
    It looks like your efforts are mostly concentrated around computer systems software.

My current hands-on interests involve development of advanced UIs on Android (the 3D kind.)
    Extending the Decred wallet functionality to the Android and iPhone platforms should be of some importance to the community.

I do have experience with C++ (on top of 60 other languages.) Golang is currently simmering on the back burner.
    Porting the Decred wallet, in a portable (cross platform) fashion, is of interest to me.
    If there is any desire to go in this direction, please let me know.

ilan

11. jrick

jrick Member
    Developer

Jan 4, 2016
    Male
    #31 jrick, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    I'm not sure where you're looking but the Decred organization doesn't have any repos for C++ projects at the moment. Paymetheus (the focus of this RFP) is implemented in C#.

12. kingscrown

kingscrown New Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Male
    Please also add PoS mining there, CLI is a big no-no for many people ;)

sambiohazard likes this.
  13. davecgh

davecgh Hero Member
    Developer Organizer

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    It's already called out in the RFP and adding that is a big part of what whoever the successful applicant will have to do in exchange for the pay.

14. jimmy16

jimmy16 Jr. Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Well I have no idea right now but going to learn qt5 for Linux, and give it a shot to build some thing. I know its not this project. ill follow along as it grows. Live an learn!

15. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    Well I've done some UI programming... in Java back in 2012... most of the C# work I've done has involved torturing a sandboxed in-game scripting API into doing things it was never intended to do, such as breaking out of its sandbox. I'd have to set up a development environment and get all the libraries installed if I wanted to actually work on something...

16. Iam Ilanrab

Iam Ilanrab New Member

Jan 12, 2016
    #36 Iam Ilanrab, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    You are correct. I apologize. I meant C#/WTF.
    I have more experience in C++, but also around one year of C# (not with WTF.)

ilan

17. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    This is just a suggestion/my opinion to keep this thread relevant.
    I think posting your experience/skills in this thread is not going to help. What you can do is

If you think you can lead this project/work, submit your proposal to the email ID provided.
    If you think you can help in little ways but not do all of it, wait until someone's proposal is accepted and then clone their repo, do your magic and submit a pull request. I hope i got github workflow right :p

Everyone can always use this thread to discuss any doubts, new ideas & suggestions related to this project i.e. GUI wallet. I hope this helps :)

18. Info

Info Jr. Member
    Translator (Nederlands)

Dec 31, 2015
    Belgium
    This is just something really quick: (I can make a more detailed and worked out version if I can some time)

[​IMG]

19. Metallicelmo

Metallicelmo New Member

Jan 30, 2016
    Male
    looks cool, in order for people to actually use a wallet client on their pc, it must indeed be as simple as possible to install and use. I should be able to learn my cat how to use it, that simple. I still sometimes try to explain to people what cryptocurrency is but most of them still look as if they saw water burning, even in 2016

20. Kadziro

Kadziro New Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Male
    #40 Kadziro, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    Let's start with a simple.
    One picture with different сolour
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]