So This Wasn't An Attempt To Get My Email Address Afterall...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by merockstar, Feb 19, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. merockstar

merockstar New Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Male
    hey guys!

Decred sounds awesome, and now that it's clearly legit I'm stoked to be able to follow this project from now on.

I'm particularly fond of the inclusion values being stressed here, you'll often find me over on bitsharestalk trying to beat that into them.

I am completely taken a back by the amount of the airdrop! If Decred is doing 21 million like bitcoin, then if it grows one airdrop will become quite a substantial amount! It's already worth 0.8btc by my calculations, which is crazy! I am tempted to sell and wait until others have accessed their airdrop wallets to buy back, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any volume on bittrex-- which is probably for the best anyway considering I'm not that great a trader, knowing my luck this would be the ONE airdrop that doesn't immediately get dumped on. Best that I hodl.

Anyway I just wanted to say whats up to this fledgling community, thank you for the airdrop, and let you know I'll be around and watching.

sambiohazard and highlonesome like this.
  2. rohit pawar

rohit pawar Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 26, 2015
    Male
    India
    Welcome to decred community ! If u need any assist at anything feel free to contact us .

3. Neurosploit

Neurosploit New Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    .NET Software Engineer
    Amsterdam
    Welcome! Happy to have you in the community.

4. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    You think a team of devs work 2 years on a coin just to collect 5k email addresses? Even if they did not work on it at all and just made that webpage, ANN and paper. Even that is already too much work for 5k email addresses. You can have those much faster and cheaper.

I know, in that ...hole of BCT people posted such ideas. But okay, that's BCT. If maturity and common sense are on one edge of the universe, BCT is on the exact opposite.

Welcome.

David, highlonesome and Freemind like this.
  5. highlonesome

highlonesome Member
    Designer

Jan 11, 2016
    Yeah, the people screaming scam still crack me up. This would be the most needlessly complicated phishing attempt ever.

Anyways, welcome!

6. merockstar

merockstar New Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Male
    I was cautious at first, sure. Not only that, but as somebody not yet proficient in programming running the seed generator to make an airdrop wallet was a bit of a leap of faith too.

I was reading some of the bct criticism and they were saying there's no way that many holders are unique, but I think they underestimate how many lurkers there may be. I don't even have an account over there but do still lurk.

But if the devs took on the monumental task of screening through all the applications, then it makes sense that many of the accounts would hold. That many people holding from the beginning is a great start! Even if some scammers managed to get through it's not a giant leap that the majority are individuals.

I can't wait to see how this pans out.

LastNinja and highlonesome like this.