[solved] Ticketbuyer And Balancetomaintainrelative=0

Discussion in 'Questions' started by isuldor, May 13, 2017.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. isuldor

isuldor New Member

May 13, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles, CA
    This might just be transient behavior as at the time I didn't have enough funds to stake. After setting my votebits, I was trying to stake for the first time this morning using 1.0.2 binary 64-bit Linux release. I was waiting on a transaction to bring my wallet balance above the difficulty. However, since this is the first time I've configured the wallet, I was concerned by the wallet log messages. Ticketbuy was not trying to use all of my 92.38362511 dcr to stake:

Difficulty at the time being 107. Again, I knew I didn't have enough to stake at the time, but I was concerned that balancetomaintainrelative=0 is being ignored. Anyway, I'm happily staking now as the difficulty went way down and I have more dcr to stake.

Here is my dcrwallet.cfg:

2. isuldor

isuldor New Member

May 13, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles, CA
    It would seem that the relative max price was the limiting factor afterall. The default dcrwallet.cfg suggests this is disabled by default (=0), but in practice changing this variable to zero also sets max price to 0. The default is actually probably 1.25. For better or worse, increasing this value increased the ticketbuyer's max price.