Stake Ticket Resale

Discussion in 'Tickets' started by blackdragon, Mar 9, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. blackdragon

blackdragon New Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Is there any possibility of reselling stake tickets by transferring them to another wallet? For example, say I bought a ticket at 5 DCR, and ticket price rose to 15 DCR. Could I resell it at 10 DCR while the price is higher? If this is possible, how can I transfer tickets after purchase?

2. MarSas

MarSas New Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Male
    Why would anyone want to buy such a ticket? The reward for a PoS vote in 1.8532 DCR.

3. drunkenmugsy

drunkenmugsy Sr. Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    #3 drunkenmugsy, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    I dont think that is possible as the funds are 'locked'. Interesting idea though!

After a bit of thought I agree with above. I am not sure anyone would really want to do that. Why? Because they would lose 3.2DCR on the deal. I would rather lock 15DCR for awhile to get 1.8DCR vs. lose 5DCR to get 1.8DCR.

4. Finksy

Finksy New Member
    Translator (Français)

Feb 9, 2016
    #4 Finksy, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Interesting idea, but there is no benefit for the purchaser as mentioned above.

However, it's possible somebody would be willing to buy it at a slight discount to market value (i.e. 10DCR for ticket + 1.85 reward = DCR11.85, say sell ticket for 11DCR) in order for the seller to free up funds immediately, and the purchaser to make a better return. I have not personally seen a way to transfer purchased tickets though. Though once the stake-pool begins, there would be no reason to since your funds are not tied up until the vote is selected anyways.

5. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    I was thinking if Alice bought the ticket for 15DCR she could potentially sell it to Bob at 10DCR if Bob then also gets the 15DCR that are locked in the ticket as well as the reward. Basically in this scenario, Alice is paying the reward+5DCR in exchange for getting her funds unlocked early.

I don't know if this is possible, but if it is, stake pools may be able to implement it.

6. blackdragon

blackdragon New Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Now that I think about it, it would not make sense, unless the resale price was withing ~1.8 dcr of the original purchase price. I suppose it could work if you wanted all your dcr refunded though.