1. Decred v1.0.1 released! Development Dispatch 22, installers, and binaries are now available.
    Dismiss Notice

Start A Dcr / Usd Exchange

Discussion in 'Exchanges' started by blackdragon, May 13, 2017.

1. blackdragon

blackdragon
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone,

Currently, users wishing to purchase and / or sell Decred must go through Bitcoin exchanges. There are a few of problems with this strategy:
    1. indirection and complication
    2. crypto exchanges can be daunting for new users
    3. lack of direct relationship to fiat currencies
    4. problems with Bitcoin (for example, long confirmation times) interfere with Decred trading

If, on the other hand, Decred had its own fiat exchange, the community would experience a number of benefits:
    1. easier for new investors: more trade volume
    2. easier for merchants: more utilization of the platform
    3. because of the above, increased public interest in Decred

I thought it would be interesting to assemble a group of people and at least discuss what it would take to create a fiat exchange for Decred. Obviously, this would not be an easy undertaking with all the surrounding regulations and technical complications; however, both personal and community benefits of such an exchange could definitely make this worth your time.

Feel free to comment below or message me if you would like to consider this opportunity.

Johnshpon3 likes this.
  2. Szfinx

Szfinx
    Expand Collapse

There is already at least one. https://changelly.com/
    The problem with this exchange, the price is prohibitively bad.

If you have a good idea how to make something similar with acceptable prices, I would be interested in it.

3. mreichardt

mreichardt
    Expand Collapse

I would love to make this exchange proposal a reality. The question is how to avoid legal trouble with AML (anti-money laundering). Would I need to LLC? I would prob charge a nominal 5% total charge (merchant would be 2.5% + $0.30 netting me just under 1.4%).

Thoughts? Would anyone be willing to donate DCR for the cause/time needed to make this a reality? If C0 would be willing to take legal liability I would just do it for a bounty.

ClokworkGremlin likes this.
  4. Noah

Noah
    Expand Collapse
    Advocate (Twitter)

5. sumiflow

sumiflow
    Expand Collapse

I'd definitely help out with this if a person with the right expertise wanted to start it.