Suprnova's Dcr Pool

Discussion in 'Proof-of-work Mining' started by ocminer, Feb 2, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Akai

Akai New Member
    Advocate (BitcoinTalk)

2. Voheen

Voheen New Member

Feb 7, 2016
    i fixed it by switching to to higher diff and increasing the intensity to 12,
    before i was at 50% rejection, now 0.44

i'm running a Titan-X

3. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    I would suggest people to try other pools & lower intensity. I tried coinmine.pl & pool.mn with intensity=10 and have 6000+ accepted and only 60+ rejected shares.

4. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    I can confirm that. Coinmine works better for me. Much less unknown-work rejects despite no changes on the miner config. Also the front end is much faster from here.

However the last block coinmine found is 130. We are now at 621.

5. adam2312

adam2312 Jr. Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Male
    I have switched to maxminer pool, and increased cgminer intensity to 14. Hash rate on R9 380 is stable at 1.2 Gh/s (consistency observed between maxminer pool front end and local cgminer) and temp stable at 74C. Accepted shares are greater than 99% (vs. ~50% prior to these two changes). Suggest increasing intensity to 14 (keep an eye on temperature) and try a different pool if this doesn't resolve low accepted shares issue.

Akai likes this.
  6. Metallicelmo

Metallicelmo New Member

Jan 30, 2016
    Male
    Mining in a pool, how many decreds do you have already? It seems to me its not worth the effort at all, or maybe I should try a different pool

7. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Depends if the pool will find a block at all. For example coinmine.pl worked fine for me as it provides diff 8. I pointed appr. 6Gh/s to it for several hours but since almost nobody else was joining not a single block could be found (and it still hasn't, last found block is still 130 while network is at 668). Pointing the same hashrate to suprnova would have generated a coin or two.

8. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    I got rid of all unknown-work rejects with this:

--no-submit-stale --scan-time 2 --queue 0

Argonaut likes this.
  9. adam2312

adam2312 Jr. Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Male
    I'm mining approximately 1.8 DCR per day at 1.2 GH/s. It's difficult to say whether the effort is worth it based on the speculative nature of the future value of the coin, but one can do the math of course based on present/predicted value and electricity/time costs.

In it long, I'm psyched with this. I've got an antminer in the other room working at ~ 4,000 times this speed and earning less than 1 BTC per month. So almost 2 DCR per day for a $200 video card feels very satisfying. And it's a fun hobby.

For a quick bolus of DCR as a speculative investment, I'd recommend grabbing some off an exchange.

10. kruczy

kruczy New Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Male
    worked for me! great response, thanks alot!

11. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    What's up with suprnova? No block found since one hour! With 32% of total hashrate. Nearly 10 blocks found meanwhile by others.

Edit: After finding 4 in a row (666-669) they ran out of luck?

12. Jamie Keefer

Jamie Keefer New Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Make sure you are using version 0.0.4 to see hashing status.

13. Aniara

Aniara Jr. Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Female
    Etiennien
    Be a good boy and lower the withdraw fee. ;)

Akai and Voheen like this.
  14. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    yeah @ocminer can you please lower the fee & no of confirms on found blocks. cant move funds for a day. Also most people are earning <10 DCR/day so those fees are quite high.

Voheen likes this.
  15. Halestorm

Halestorm Jr. Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Male
    Data Center
    Texas, USA
    Is there a difference at mining at diff 1 and diff 4 in terms of how you get credit in the pool? Mining at diff 4 finds less shares... does that mean each share counts as 4 instead of 1?

16. toad

toad New Member

Feb 9, 2016
    Male
    I think I can help with that. I have a strong spare server, a Xeon with 32GB of RAM, Ubuntu 64bits linked to a 1gbit optical line. I would like to help the Decred community by setting up a pool for regular home miners. WITH NO WITHDRAW FEES.

Anyone in? Got tons of experience with Linux/Networking but never set up an MPOS pool.

Johnshpon3, Lee Sharp and Akai like this.
  17. ocminer

ocminer Jr. Member
    Pool Operator (PoW)

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    OK I've found the unknown-work issue, its definitely a miner issue, it's a wrong reversal of the expected hash.

On the Pool I expect for example 012345678 but the client sends 876543210 which is, of course, rejected then.
    I did not see that behavior on the latest github - would be interesting to see which miner is the broken one, also not all users
    seem to have that problem, so it must be an isolated thing to a certain miner version.

Regarding the fees, it's only 1% - not sure how low you want me to go there ? :) 0% ?

The coin itself is implying a 0.05 DCR fee per TX:

"blocktime": 1455040049,

"category": "send",

"confirmations": 29,

"fee": -0.05,

"time": 1455038363,

So if I lower that fee, I'd have to pay the difference from my own pocket.

Block confirmations should be on spot with the chains specs, 256 blocks, correct me if i'm wrong.

18. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    "A" value increasing with 4 each time at diff 4.

19. Akai

Akai New Member
    Advocate (BitcoinTalk)

Traslating this on simple words, how many time is needed to move funds (for example) from Bleutrade to Bittrex?
    An hour is passed and still no TXID available, and same is for lots of users...

20. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    can you not set tx fee with settxfee command? also 280>256 and is that limit enforced by wallet or just a recommendation. No one here is talking about that fee, infact i am donating 1%. even 256 blocks = 21+ hours at 5 mins blocks. and we are certainly not having 5 mins block but 30 min blocks.

chappjc likes this.