Syncing Ticket Database Between Different Hosts

Discussion in 'Tickets' started by chiguireitor, Apr 23, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. chiguireitor

chiguireitor New Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Male
    Caracas, Venezuela
    Hello peeps!

I'm trying to move my wallet to an external host because my country is having HUGE problems with electricity shortages, and i need to keep my staking 24/7.

So i tought, what about syncing ticket databases between two hosts? is this possible?

2. Shadowlance

Shadowlance Full Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    I've just started running 2. One on AWS, one on my own machine. It's only been up for a couple of days but it seems to be working ok. I've got my AWS wallet set to do the actual purchasing and the other one has stake mining enabled but max ticket price set to 1 (which is below the allowable minimum of 2) so that it doesn't purchase tickets or perform any transactions. It's just there to vote.

I'm not sure if this is the correct way of doing it, but again, it seems to work ok.

3. chiguireitor

chiguireitor New Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Male
    Caracas, Venezuela
    I made the same thing, have one without purchasing enabled, another with purchasing below certain threshold, and both can vote, which is fine.

However, the first time i synced one of the instances ended up with a different balance than the other, i think i should resync one of the two chains, but on one hand the mainnet explorer tells me i have the lower balance, and in the other, i have been able to use the larger balance, which strikes me as weird.

4. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

Feb 21, 2016
    If you run two of the same wallet, bare in mind that when you buy tickets, the non-buying wallet won't necessarily see that address. You can avoid this if you use --reuseaddresses on the purchasing wallet.

You can always re-sync from seed if you see tickets not appearing on the other wallet.

5. dave

dave New Member

Jan 11, 2016
    this is exactly how my setup works. if you don't use --reuseaddressed then you will have to re-sync from seed often.