Launch Testnet Stake Pool Is Live

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by tacotime, Feb 12, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Great to see some updates. It would be great if we can somehow get weekly updates on progress of various projects. For example ever since i posted the thread about web wallet debugging i haven't heard back from @ay-p about its status. We asked users to report their errors and now we are not responding to their reporting. This way people will stop responding. Everyone is guessing before using the wallet & taking a chance of funds getting stuck.

I know all the devs are busy but if we initiate a request and left it hanging then its looks bad. I hope we can get something going. All devs have been great in responding to questions in the forum but overall status of project is relatively unknown. This also steals the praise that devs should get for working hard continuously on the project.

adam2312 likes this.
  2. ay-p

ay-p Full Member
    Developer

Dec 7, 2015
    Male
    Just updated thread concerning wallet issues. We are planning on pushing out various fixes today that should help avoid these stuck/unmined transactions. But like I mentioned in the other thread, no funds are lost or unrecoverable. It is an insight issue that doesn't prune these unmined transactions out (which also causes your balances to stay incorrect on webwallet). Please report to me (@ay-p) or @dhill on freenode decred irc, and we will attempt to rebroadcast (if we can see them in our node's mempool), otherwise we can resync the insight db which will fix the problem as well.

Once again, apologies for the delay in response. Gotta keep all these spinning plates going :p

3. jyap

jyap New Member

Feb 18, 2016
    My concern is, the current Testnet version doesn't work (web site). The other concern is if it's a front end issue, I've never actually seen the Testnet stake pool Vote on any tickets since it launched. I've reported both issues in IRC (no response) and this thread. This reply is the first time I've actually seen a response other than saying there were deployment issues.

Mostly I don't want to see something declared as stable and rushed out and launched on Mainnet before a proper Testnet period. Thanks.

adam2312 and chappjc like this.
  4. jolan

jolan Sr. Member
    Developer

Dec 7, 2015
    Male
    Decred Team Member
    The development team shares your concerns. Stakepooling is very important for the network and we definitely don't want to rush it to mainnet and miss votes like has already happened on testnet.

There's a new RPC called getstakeinfo, here's an old snapshot of the output from one of the teststakepool wallets:

If I recall correctly, you said somewhere that you purchased 80 tickets and none of them were voted on. Those are likely accounted for in the missed column and I apologize for that. We rushed it out to testing and let it languish without proper follow up/monitoring.

Now these statistics have their own page on the website. Monitoring of these stats will be in place so the operators will get notified immediately if something goes awry.

Sorry for the poor communication. It's something that we're committed to improving as a group. We currently plan to do at least a weekly update that covers progress across all of the parts/projects that make up Decred and more frequent per-project updates as needed.

5. MichaelAngelo

MichaelAngelo New Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Male
    Crypto Currency Advisot
    Hello guys i need your symphaty i lost my 33 word seed..
    So my coins forever gone , i hope there is a good heart can send me a donation even
    Only 1 coin I feel sad for this so i hope you can donate , i Always think what is the solution to recover my airdrop coins , but i know there is no solution because i dont have even the hex, i cant sleep every night for thinking what ive lost my 282 coins and enjoying the binary , so im knocking your heart for only 1 coin so i can collect some coins so i can feel better .. Thank you in advance
    If i still have a chance to get back my coin please help me. God bless you.

Dsf2kNAzt7tZ77s2GcSpP2wMbTENZqaWeZC
    coin donation please...

6. jimmy16

jimmy16 Jr. Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    #86 jimmy16, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    TsRffjBVoo466iVwsC6WZ1wctYhUURadPDo :)
    Help a brother out?
    this is for PoS testing

7. Noah

Noah Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Feb 1, 2016
    Male
    Amsterdam
    Communication is a very common issue within companies and especially within startups. If I speak for myself I think you guys are doing very well. You have been great in communicating your intentions and plans for the future. More regular updates are indeed welcome.

In my opinion a forum section combining all the replies and post of developers / organisers / prominent members could also work, since you are covering a lot of issues within particular threads. Right now I feel that the information is out there, it's just very hard to find. If there is some way to display important posts in one section of the forum, that would be great.

8. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
  9. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    @jyap i think you will be a great help as an advisor/consultant for decred. You have been around for long time, have great ethics & very pragmatic perspective of things in altcoin space. If @jy-p/ Company 0 is willing to hire you, I think that would be fantastic for this project. I hope you are open to such offer.

10. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Dont spam your advertisement here, please at least post in Off-Topic section.

11. tacotime

tacotime Hero Member

Dec 7, 2015
    I've deleted the spam post by @e-dinar. It's a direct violation of: https://wiki.decred.org/Rules#Always_Be_Civil
    @MichaelAngelo, please don't go off-topic. This thread is about the testnet stake pool. For future reference, please flag these posts using the Report function. The project reviews all these reports and takes them seriously. Each one is addressed.

chappjc, jimmy16, David and 2 others like this.
  12. nikos1978

nikos1978 New Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Male
    try to connect at pool
    but when i put the public key
    i received that message

Couldn't decode address

why????/

13. jolan

jolan Sr. Member
    Developer

Dec 7, 2015
    Male
    Decred Team Member
    The address you submit should start with Tk and be approximately 53 characters long. You likely submitted something invalid.

14. nikos1978

nikos1978 New Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Male
    No input it correct
    Start with b

But does not work

15. nikos1978

nikos1978 New Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Male
    It start my public key with dk

16. davecgh

davecgh Hero Member
    Developer Organizer

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    As @jolan said, it has to be a testnet public key address that starts with Tk. You tried to use a mainnet address that starts with Dk. T = Testnet, D = (Decred) Mainnet

17. nikos1978

nikos1978 New Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Male
    So only I must change the first later

Or is something else

Again the same

Couldn't decode address

18. davecgh

davecgh Hero Member
    Developer Organizer

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    No, you would need to have a dcrd and dcrwallet instance running on testnet and interact with them via dcrctl --testnet.

It sounds to me like you're trying to use the pool to stake with your mainnet coins and that simply won't work because it's not released yet. It is specifically for testing, hence it is on testnet as the title indicates.

19. nikos1978

nikos1978 New Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Male
    Understand
    So only solo mining with my real wallet or not??

20. davecgh

davecgh Hero Member
    Developer Organizer

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    Until the stake pool is done testing and released on mainnet, yes the only option at the moment is to solo stake mine. Please make sure you have read up on it before doing it though because once you stake your coins your wallet has to be online 24/7 to avoid missing out on voting and therefore your reward.