Launch Testnet Stake Pool Is Live

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by tacotime, Feb 12, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Ayush

Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    How long before the mainnet pools are up?

2. jolan

jolan Sr. Member
    Developer

Dec 7, 2015
    Male
    Decred Team Member
    Final preparations for the mainnet pool are happening now so most likely sometime today.

Noah likes this.
  3. Ayush

Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Sir where are you from? I mean what time is it for you and how many hours more?

4. kaida

kaida New Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Information Security
    San Francisco, CA
    Jolan said "most likely sometime today" so what time zone he's in isn't really that relevant. There was no commitment that it will be ready before 11:59pm his time. While I understand your excitement, it'll be ready when it's ready.

5. Bill Threewits

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Banker
    North Carolina
    Hopefully several such pools will develop from this prototype. Keep things decentralized and such.
    Does this spike price of tickets?

6. Ayush

Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    I just wanted to know when. Time at my place is 11:21pm now. That's why.

7. kaida

kaida New Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Information Security
    San Francisco, CA
    I wouldn't stay up waiting for it then. Maybe you'll wake up to a nice surprise :)

8. Ayush

Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Yeah cool.....

9. jolan

jolan Sr. Member
    Developer

Dec 7, 2015
    Male
    Decred Team Member
    Sorry for the change of plans but It's been decided that we won't actually launch it until Monday. It would be a rush to get it launched today and Monday will ensure it will have everyone's full attention all week long.

10. Ayush

Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Ooh... That's a bit disappointing but I guess that's the right decision. Waiting for the best of decred. Keep up the good job! :)

11. Noah

Noah Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Feb 1, 2016
    Male
    Amsterdam
    Best news I've heard in the world of cryptocurrency (since my discovery of Decred).

12. Ayush

Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Why is decred's value down to 1.6dollars from 2.5?

13. Bagdar13

Bagdar13 New Member

Jan 27, 2016
    Male
    This is a new coin it will find its valuation eratically. I would not be suprised to see it between .5 dollars and 5 dollars and back and forth many times in the next few months. As coin supply becomes larger it may or may not stabilize. I would expect a spike when the first wallets are released etc.

14. Ayush

Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    How much time more sir?

15. jolan

jolan Sr. Member
    Developer

Dec 7, 2015
    Male
    Decred Team Member
    Noah likes this.
  16. Ubik

Ubik New Member
    Translator (Italiano)

Feb 12, 2016
    #136 Ubik, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    I purchased 2 tickets on the PoS pool (with the dcrctl --wallet purchaseticket "default" 20 1 command) and while i was expecting to spend (current ticket price) 8.5 * 2 + some small fees i noticed from a "getbalance" that 46 DCR were subtracted from my balance... what am i missing?

Apparently "when you purchase a ticket, the transaction gets put into the mempool. once the transaction gets mined into a block, the change will get sent back to your wallet"

Thanks to kaida for the fast answer on the decred irc :)

Noah likes this.
  17. Noah

Noah Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Feb 1, 2016
    Male
    Amsterdam
    Good to hear that I'm not the only one who was puzzled by this question. Check this reply for a detailed explanation:
    https://forum.decred.org/threads/mainnet-stake-pool-is-live.1256/#post-13674

18. Aerobat

Aerobat New Member

Apr 16, 2016
    Male
    Moose Jaw, Canada
    Is it possible to get some credits on the testnet my address is Tsf2s1cr8cQUSqgsSKhJBiVXWMkXV5Nw4S5 thanks! Want to play POS on the test net before buying real credits.

19. eshriek

eshriek New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Testnet coins on the way...
    https://testnet.decred.org/tx/6dae138347bb4144b0851f42677be96b6426b8794316a50d82588b38e6ea192f

staking is a lot easier than mining. I mined on testnet but did not stake.

If you have a few coins try buying tickets at 20DCR each. Right now the price is high (about 30DCR I think). Watch the recommendations at the bottom left of https://dcrstats.com/ lots of useful info there. The price should go under 20DCR in about 8 hours. The longer you wait the higher the ticket price will be in the long run (on average). You will also have to wait 28 days on average for a single ticket to return the reward. That is on mainnet. Not sure if time for staking is accelerated on testnet, my guess is that it is.

20. kripto

kripto New Member

Jan 13, 2016
    Hi,

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask about this but here I am... I'm trying to make an application using DCR as payment option and would like to test-run it first. My problem is I have no testnet DCR. I know I could try to mine but I'm afraid it would take forever using only cpu.

If someone can spare some testnet DCR i'd really appreciate it. This is my address: TshrtfsFLv2wKMXkCYkzMiRxfewmy6eNvrr

Regards,
    kripto