Ticket Rewards: When Do They Get Sent?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by IncludeBeer, Nov 1, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. IncludeBeer

IncludeBeer New Member

Oct 29, 2016
    Male
    earth
    Typically, when I see another of my tickets have voted on the pool, I know I have about enough decred to buy another ticket during the next low. I've noticed lately though, my balance doesn't see to line up like this. So I'm wondering, is there a delay after a ticket has voted before you receive:
    1. The reward for your ticket voting
    2. The principal amount used to purchase the ticket
    ...or do these get credited to an address at the same time? For example, if my ticket votes at block 10, do I get my rewards sent to me in block 11?

Also, if ticket purchases aren't included in a block (e.g. because the fee is too low), when do those funds get credited back to your account? Is it directly after the next ticket price adjustment?

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks for the help!

2. karamble

karamble Member
    Developer

Feb 19, 2016
    #2 karamble, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    The reward consists of freshly generated coins, you will get these coins spendable as soon as your vote have been casted and gets mined into the following block (Block 10 -> Block 11). The refund of the ticket price gets immature for 256 blocks and becomes spendable afterwards. This takes around ~1 day (Block 10 -> Block 266).

Regarding the expiry of tickets of the mempool i want to mention the new introduced 'expiry' parameter on the purchaseticket command.

Code:
    purchaseticket "fromaccount" spendlimit (minconf=1 "ticketaddress" numtickets "pooladdress" poolfees expiry "comment")

You can set the expiry parameter to a blockcount on which the ticket expires the mempool if it was not successfuly mined. The purchase will get canceled and the ticketprice gets spendable again at this blockcount.

Your failed purchase ends , if you purchase tickets without specifying a expiry blocknumber, at the end of the ticket StakeDiffWindowSize (144 Blocks).

You can get details about those 'Decred PoS parameters' here:
    https://github.com/decred/dcrd/blob/master/chaincfg/params.go#L349

MarSas likes this.
  3. IncludeBeer

IncludeBeer New Member

Oct 29, 2016
    Male
    earth

Very helpful, thanks so much!