Trouble Creating Wallet For Staking

Discussion in 'Addresses' started by bamsterdam, Nov 15, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. bamsterdam

bamsterdam New Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Male
    Hello I wanted to stake my coins for a while now but have been delaying it cause it seemed like such a hassle. So today I tried and failed big time..
    I followed the steps and downloaded the amd 64 from github. I read it was a zip file and since I didnt had winzip on my pc I downloaded it and unzipped it to a folder. After that I opened the comment prompt and typt the instructions and pressed enter but I got this message:

'drcd' is not recognized as an internal or external commend, operable program or batch file. Tried with and without spaces etc but everytime I get the same message. What Am I doing wrong?? Wanted to stake for a long time but seems so complicated for the average user ..

2. ay-p

ay-p Full Member
    Developer

Dec 7, 2015
    Male
    Which steps did you go through?

All of our docs are here: docs.decred.org

First I'd walk through the Getting Started instructions for you particular OS. Once dcrd and dcrwallet are started and running, choose a stakepool and they will have instructions for you to walk through to get set up for properly purchasing tickets (and they'll handle the rest).

3. bamsterdam

bamsterdam New Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Male
    I followed the steps of the getting started instructions like you say but somehow I manage to fck it up. I think I did something wrong when unzipping the file although dont know what since I opened the file with winzip and choose the unzip option and selected my folder to copy the data. step two is to open the command prompt and enter a line a text with your own username and password, after I followed the steps I get the error mentioned above. JUst my luck I guess gonna try another time.
    a normal wallet still doesn't exist right ?

4. Johnshpon3

Johnshpon3 Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Male
    Telecommunications
    Slovenia
    You must open CMD promt inside the same folder where are yours unziped files.