Update On Ongoing Issue With Web Wallet. Help From Community Needed.

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by sambiohazard, Feb 18, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    #1 sambiohazard, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    Hi all

Note: This is a message by me on behalf of decred dev team.

First of all we apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused all of you.

The developers are looking into the unconfirmed transactions & double spend issue with the web wallet. Here is a direct quote from the devs.

We have resynced the blockchain and this should start showing your balance correctly.

Now we need help from community to track the actual bug. If any of you see a similar error while using the wallet from now on, please report in this thread with as much information as possible.

Thanks for your patience

Regards

Decred Team

size, Neurosploit, ZomaX and 2 others like this.
  2. Neurosploit

Neurosploit New Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    .NET Software Engineer
    Amsterdam
    I'll see what I can find in the weekend.

Emilio Mann and sambiohazard like this.
  3. size

size New Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Male
    Thanks guys, Balance has been restored :)

sambiohazard likes this.
  4. muckle

muckle New Member

Jan 12, 2016
    #4 muckle, Feb 22, 2016
    I'm having a similar problem. I tried to send DCR to my Bittrex DCR address, when I viewed the transaction within web wallet it is unconfirmed, also date changes each time I load the page which then gives current time. ie 'Today at 11.45 am'
    Block chain says 'Unconfirmed Transaction!'
    https://mainnet.decred.org/tx/552a49b5dab2cc8b6586ce455e17502cb7d4aaaf735dd250b2076f7317c75aa1

To clarify should I wait for coins to confirm or is this a bug? Hopefully coins are not lost.

5. bkolobara

bkolobara New Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Male
    #5 bkolobara, Feb 22, 2016
    Same here.
    https://mainnet.decred.org/tx/1b34bfb020199d9015db540aa6a16aca38aba683785d9dcaaf799ced53eae0cf

Maybe taking offline the web wallet until this is fixed would be a reasonable thing to do?
    I mean it's advertised on https://decred.org/ but if this is the first experience people are getting I don't think its a good idea to keep it running.

EDIT:
    I solved the problem by creating a local wallet using the web wallet's backup seed and spent again the coins with
    https://mainnet.decred.org/tx/9197e905f6dca320289623f71aba905c06c354e4df4f53e3c5d798abc269b882

muckle, Neurosploit and sambiohazard like this.
  6. muckle

muckle New Member

Jan 12, 2016
    How do I create a local wallet on windows?

7. chendada

chendada New Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Male
  8. bkolobara

bkolobara New Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Male
    I did it on a Mac so I'm not sure what the difference would be on windows, but looking at this:
    https://medium.com/@drei4u/easy-way...the-exchanges-windows-ad1d005cf8f1#.rv8bvnzfr
    it looks the same.

Basically you download the tools from https://github.com/decred/dcrd/releases/tag/v0.0.2

Then you start the local dcrd server with:
    ./dcrd -u user -P password
    (Wait until it downloads the blockchain)

Create the local wallet with:
    ./dcrwallet -u user -P password --dcrdusername=user --dcrdpassword=password --create
    (Here you are going to be asked to enter your seed)

Start the local wallet with:
    ./dcrwallet -u user -P password --dcrdusername=user --dcrdpassword=password

Unlock the wallet for 600 seconds using the passphrase you set while creating the wallet:
    /dcrctl --rpcuser=user --rpcpass=password --wallet walletpassphrase <passphrase> 600

Send the funds to another address
    ./dcrctl --rpcuser=user --rpcpass=password --wallet sendtoaddress <address> <amount>

muckle likes this.
  9. muckle

muckle New Member

Jan 12, 2016
    #9 muckle, Feb 22, 2016
    Thanks for your reply. I actually got it working from windows by using this guide (https://forum.decred.org/threads/br...-included-with-basic-commands-os-neutral.478/)
    It's actually straightforward once I realized I had to enter commands from terminal. DCR are now sent to address with 1 confirmation already, ts a shame the web wallet doesn't work properly but at least we have this option.

My only question is do i have to keep CMD windows running until the coins are 6/6 confirmed? or is it ok to close after sending coins

10. kristijan97

kristijan97 New Member

Feb 20, 2016
  11. Neurosploit

Neurosploit New Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    .NET Software Engineer
    Amsterdam
    You can close the cmd windows afterwards when you see the transaction in the block explorer.

muckle likes this.
  12. chendada

chendada New Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Male
    Thank you, the problem has been resolved

13. ay-p

ay-p Full Member
    Developer

Dec 7, 2015
    Male
    Apologies for the delay in response. Been busy hunting this and other bugs down.
    FYI during the day (1200GMT-2000GMT) I'm probably easiest to reach on the freenode decred chan. If you have a unconfirmed tx for more than 6 blocks come find me there and let me know. We can rebroadcast them and they have been consistently picked up after that.

So firstly we are most likely going to remove the use of unconfirmed funds to create tx on the webwallet. There is a possibility that those tx are causing issues with double spends and tx going unmined.

But rest assured, these "stuck/unmined tx" will never be "lost" or "gone forever." We can just resync and the tx will be removed from the insight "mempool."

We'll be pushing out some updates today/tomorrow to hopefully help these issues. Again, apologies for the issue, but we are working hard to resolve. Cheers.

sambiohazard likes this.
  14. Neurosploit

Neurosploit New Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    .NET Software Engineer
    Amsterdam
    sambiohazard and Ubik like this.
  15. bones

bones New Member

Feb 10, 2016
    Male
    Systems Designer (AV)
    Austin Texas USA
    With all the questions on wallets I am wondering if I did it right. I have had no problems that I am aware of. I did not use the binaries and cmd etc. instructions as they sounded like they were for mining. All I did was click the web wallet button on decred.org, entered my seed that I wrote down and saved several paper copies of, and there it was. It does not say testnet below it. I can't back it up though. Did I do right or is it still in limbo

16. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Some people are having trouble sending transactions from web wallet. Its not about creating the wallet. If you didn't have those problems then its good for you.