Usd To Decred

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by hendrayoga, Mar 1, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Is any direct payment for buy Decred using USD via Credit/Debit card ?? if not , who will like with this project you can join with me

2. drunkenmugsy

drunkenmugsy Sr. Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    #2 drunkenmugsy, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    I hope you have deep pockets. I have read elsewhere that is can cost several hundred thousand ($200k+) just to get set up to do this in the USA. It is classified as a currency exchange business and is highly regulated.

3. 418Sec

418Sec Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    Well.. accepting USD via Debit/Credit card wont be that difficult.
    The tricky part will be the source of Decred.
    If you can figure that part out then you can take this idea off the ground.

4. Noah

Noah Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Feb 1, 2016
    Male
    Amsterdam
    #4 Noah, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    Buying Decred (DCR) is pretty simple already:
    Upload your USD to a major exchange (currently Yobit, Bleutrade, or Bittrex), buy BTC, and exchange to DCR.

What would be feasible (and interesting) is a website which shows you how to get the most DCR for your Dollars (taking the different exchange rate and fees into account). At the moment this information is not transparently displayed.

5. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Just go ahead. I am sure nothing can go wrong. No, the source of DCR is not the tricky part. The tricky part is called chargeback.

6. drunkenmugsy

drunkenmugsy Sr. Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    All I was trying to convey is that banking is a small club and we aint in it. Just look at the about and board of directors pages at a similar site for what you want to do.
    https://www.circle.com/en/about
    Not trying to rain on your parade but it takes more than just an idea or a want to do something like that. Look at who is on the board of this company, banker, banker, large investor, banker, etc etc.

Further - If you dont understand how to get large amounts of decred then maybe you should start there first...

7. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    If you want to trade with government money, you have to ask your government for permission. Not everyone is allowed to trade abundantly created hot air.

8. 418Sec

418Sec Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    You can't easily chargeback credit/debit card payments... Specially after all the one time passwords and other protections that are there put in place to prevent fraud or misuse, etc.
    I doubt there would be problems receiving funds.
    People can also get money wired. If they like more conventional ways of sending money.
    But how will you for example arrange for a large amount of DCR ?

I do agree with this, the Gov might have issues. So better take the Gov approval, but isn't that a rule in every country before you start a business? :p

koolykg likes this.
  9. rohit pawar

rohit pawar Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 26, 2015
    Male
    India
    PM me when its actually started . :p

10. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    I am desperately trying to find the appropriate smiley but it just isn't there. You know, the one that rolls from one side of the screen to the other repeatedly, laughing and so on.

koolykg, bones and michael sørensen like this.
  11. rohit pawar

rohit pawar Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 26, 2015
    Male
    India
    :rofl

12. drunkenmugsy

drunkenmugsy Sr. Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    You either buy it or you mine it. Then you sell it for hopefully more than you paid for it. Additionally you charge a fee for the process. Simple right?

That is also one of the reason why a crypto coin is superior to any government issued fiat currency. Nobody can just create it out of thin air like they do now. You have to work for it one way or another. The general public has just not realized that fact yet.

13. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    It's better to not buy anything but only bring buyers and sellers together and charge a fee ;)
    Otherwise the exchange rate risk is on you and that's not what you want when you are the exchange.

14. drunkenmugsy

drunkenmugsy Sr. Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    True but the initial example was not a true exchange I dont think. They just wanted to be able to sell DCR for USD. Not allow others to sell directly. At least that was the impression I got.

LastNinja likes this.
  15. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Yes, the "initial example" was a direct way to lose a ton of money and end up in jail because of money laundering.

16. its not direct transfer for USD to decred , its need buy BTC first isn't it ?? i try to develop with peatio on his github , but i think it will work just another exchange that must buy BTC first. And it not practice for consumer who need decred fast .

17. My friend from Singapore and Indonesia , he has a merchant company , he will funding my project if payment via decred is famous on southeast asia :D

18. koolykg

koolykg Jr. Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 1, 2016
    Female
    Lmao literally!!!!!!:confused:

19. Ayush

Ayush Full Member
    Advocate (Facebook)

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    ATB for the project!

20. drunkenmugsy

drunkenmugsy Sr. Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    I am having a hard time following your english in most of your posts. B+ for effort but I think you need a lot more thought put into this plan. I have one more simple question and then I am done.

If you cant do USD$ -> DCR then why would anybody use your site, an unknown new site, over established exchanges already doing BTC -> DCR, ETH, many other crypto coin?

p.s. I would have loved to get DCR fast when it went to $1.30...

koolykg likes this.