Usd To Decred

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by hendrayoga, Mar 1, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. drunkenmugsy

drunkenmugsy Sr. Member
    Advocate (Reddit)

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Keep trying. Something will work. I tried to buy BTC at around $70 several years ago. I gave up as I was having the same problems you were having. I could have 6x that $2000 by now or even more if I had sold at or near the top.

2. CStewart

CStewart New Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

We need a site similar to localbitcoins.com for Decred.

ClokworkGremlin likes this.
  3. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Best thing about that diagram are those tiny little peaks which supposedly show the Fed's reaction to the alleged end of the world in 2000 (Y2K bug) and 2001 (9/11).

4. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    I don't get the complaints about the major Capitalist figureheads being selfish and advocating selfishness. All living things are innately selfish, natural selection mandates it. Any economic system not designed with this in mind is destined to fail, and hard.

5. root

root Member

Feb 3, 2016
    I am contemplating about creating a proxy to easily buy Decred.
    Any thoughts ?

6. vailixi

vailixi New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    Get a merchant account or at least a square account take VISA. Or accept cash and I will buy them from you.

7. vailixi

vailixi New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    Yeah, I'm sure. I'll get something going. Maybe I'll surf all of the bitcoin faucets until I have enough coin to buy some DECRED for BTC. It will happen. The biggest problem right now is I can't seem buy any BTC. Everyone wants BTC for DCR.

8. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    There should be BTC ATMs in Portland. At localbitcoins you should also find people in your state which sell for cash.

David likes this.
  9. root

root Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Well, through a local card processor I can get below 2% from the amount,
    through p*yp*l I get "2.9% + $0.30 per transaction".

Bear in mind even spread on the exchange and fees and the need to exchange to BTC first, which imposes other fees.

But if anybody is interested, I'd be happy to help.

10. Finksy

Finksy New Member
    Translator (Français)

Feb 9, 2016
    You should not be paying more than 1.7% for standard qualified CC transactions. If you use the 'Pal you are guaranteed to fail through chargebacks and fraudulent purchases.

11. you're right , how to directly exchange USD$ -> DCR like we input our credit card number for buy something online ? , that my projects :D, so people will get easier to get decred . Now i try using opensource peatio to make exchange $USD-->Decred

sorry for my bad english :D

12. David

David Sr. Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Male
    USA
    This has been a discussion of one of the major roadblocks for Decred becoming mainstream. Decred needs to be made tradeable (preferably through an already established and trusted institution or platform) for USD.

@hendrayoga, if you need any help testing, I'd like to help where I can.

@root, can you elaborate on this some more?

13. .m.

.m. New Member

Jan 23, 2016