Voting Proposal Process

Discussion in 'Technical Development' started by David, Apr 3, 2017.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. David

David Sr. Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Male
    USA
    With the discussion of the Decred name change, happening here, I began to wonder about how this discussion could possibly make it into the code for PoS'ers to vote on the issue. Many points come up with this thought, such as who determines a valid proposal to be included in a future vote process and how issues will be submitted and tracked.

In a response to a question I asked many months ago, @jy-p said there will be an open proposal process that will ultimately feed into the votebits. I apologize if you guys aren't quite ready for public discussion... I have a tendency to to always be looking two steps ahead.

I have some ideas as to how this could possibly work, but I will hold them until we have some input from the Decred team.

adam2312 likes this.
  2. andylittleton

andylittleton New Member

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    Novato, Ca,
    for a new person like myself invested in decred and i'm mining decred. The voting process is not easy to understand at all. way too complicated than it needs to be. It's much easier to mine this coin than to understanding the voting process.

3. jet

jet New Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Web
    andylittleton this thread is about designing a process for "proposals". It is different from staking.

When you stake and vote with your tickets, right now you only vote for validity of blocks. After 1.0 goes live you would also vote for _agendas_ which say how the network should evolve. But where these agendas will come from? From proposals. Some proposals will be selected as agendas for next voting round.

4. jcv

jcv Full Member
    Developer