Wallet Questions

Discussion in 'Meta' started by yum, Feb 29, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. yum

yum New Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    i had asked one question "i am running the same wallet on two different computers,use this command the rusult is different. i am confused" someone called sadhusir send me these messages,i don't know if he is the dev,and if i send my wallet hex,does it can cause my wallet be stolen? now had colsed one of my wallet, and reinput the seed, use the commad "dcrctl -u user -P pass --wallet getbalance "default" 0 all" seems the balance still less than i should have.does this because i am using the coins auto buy tickets ?

this could happen because of some wallet settings are not correct,this may lead to loosing all your fund . send ur ticket purchase tx id .we will look through it.

sadhusir, Feb 21, 2016
    Is your problem solved ? We are trying to reset all account associated with PoS mining . Just send your wallet hex . Not 33 words seeds . We just need your wallet hex .

sadhusir, Yesterday at 11:31 PM

tacotime likes this.
  2. CStewart

CStewart New Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

yes he's a scammer do not give anyone your wallet seed or hex.

3. sw1

sw1 Jr. Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Sydney, Australia
    Looks like he is trying to scam you... As @CStewart says NEVER give out seed or Hex to anyone, not even a Dev.

Dont run the same wallet on 2 different computers as this will cause lots of wallet problems. Create a new wallet for each pc/vm etc, just send funds between them if you want to spread the risk over multiple wallets.

tacotime likes this.
  4. sw1

sw1 Jr. Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Sydney, Australia
    I would also advise you click on @sadhusir user name and then report him for trying to scam you (allegedly).

tacotime likes this.
  5. sambiohazard

sambiohazard Sr. Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Also if you can post screenshots of the PM he sent you, it can be confirmed that he sent it to you. I have reported him, i am sure mods will take action soon.

tacotime likes this.
  6. yum

yum New Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    screenshots of the PM

Attached Files:

tacotime, sw1 and sambiohazard like this.
  7. yum

yum New Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    thank you all

tacotime likes this.
  8. sw1

sw1 Jr. Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Sydney, Australia
    hmmmm definitely looks dodgy!

tacotime likes this.
  9. tacotime

tacotime Hero Member

Dec 7, 2015
    @yum, thank you for reporting this. @sadhusir has been banned. It is a direct violation of: https://wiki.decred.org/Rules#Always_Be_Civil

Thank you to everyone who assisted. Always stay vigilant, as there are many who wish to do you harm. The project will continue to take action against these people - so your efforts mean something in helping to keep the community safe. I appreciate it a lot.

CStewart, sw1, David and 1 other person like this.
  10. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    Oh yeah, that's textbook. The second even implies he's impersonating Decred staff (and that they're doing something that is impossible with cryptocurrencies).

My brother lost his Neopets account 10 years ago to a scam using the same script. Cue facepalms from the rest of the family.

Good job not falling for it, you responded exactly the way you should if you aren't sure.

sw1 likes this.