Web Wallet Making 5000+ Xhr Requests?

Discussion in 'Technical Development' started by eshriek, Feb 6, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. eshriek

eshriek New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    #1 eshriek, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    I have uMatrix installed on my Chrome browser. It shows 5000+ XHR requests from bws.decred.com. The following png also shows request errors for localhost get: https://127.0.0.1:3004/api/rates. I don't understand why either of these things are happening. Hope it's not real bad.

webwallet.jpg

2. jcv

jcv Full Member
    Developer

@eshriek the web wallet is a fork of copay so just like copay it needs to talk to a bws instance to do pretty much everything. In our case that is bws.decred.org. That is configurable by the user but at the moment, our bws instance is the only one around. Once the code is out you can always run your own bws if you want (although if you want to run everything locally I'd recommend dcrwallet instead of a web wallet).

As for the localhost connection, that is a bug leftover from when we were testing that I am looking into now.

eshriek, tacotime and Blizzy like this.
  3. eshriek

eshriek New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Thanks for the quick reply. I know it's busy now. Where is the best place to report any future concerns? Github (I don't think some repos are available yet) or by email?

Thanks again. Hands down the best launch I have ever participated in and it hasn't even started yet.

4. jcv

jcv Full Member
    Developer

eshriek likes this.