What Time We Can Buy Decred Similar To Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by pool, Feb 13, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. pool

pool New Member

Jan 25, 2016
    Male
    I use credit card and web money to buy bitcoin how buy Decred?

2. kingscrown

kingscrown New Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Male
    Buy Bitcoin on circle.com then go to any exchange ie Bleu

3. bearex

bearex New Member

Feb 9, 2016
    Male
    You will have to buy Bitcoins first (Bitstamp, Circle, Coinbase). And then buy DCR at bittrex or bleutrade. Direct exchanges are not available yet.

4. vailixi

vailixi New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    Coinbase doesn't take credit cards. Bitstamp wants picture ID. Circle doesn't list credit card fees. This sucks.

Nobody takes VISA anymore?

5. davecgh

davecgh Hero Member
    Developer Organizer

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    United States
    The main reason almost nobody accepts visa, paypal, or other credit cards for cryptocurrencies because the purchaser can do a chargeback and therefore easily defraud the seller because once they have delivered the coins, there is nothing they can do to reclaim them. Many people have been cheated this way in the cryptocurrency space, so it has led to it being very difficult to find sellers willing to accept those forms of payment.

zzzzzz, koolykg and ClokworkGremlin like this.
  6. vailixi

vailixi New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    What about cash though? Who still takes money?

7. sw1

sw1 Jr. Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    Sydney, Australia
    #8 sw1, Mar 6, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    Some banks might take your cash and give you bitcoin, at least they do in Australia.... There is literally no other way to buy them here unless you have an overseas (European) Bank account.

For US users, can you not open a bank account in a different state (one where its legal to buy BTC) and just transfer money over to that account and purchase from one of the usual suspects (Circle, coinbase etc)

Theres also uphold, who you can pay with credit card/bank transfer etc in USD and then transfer that into BTC.
    www.uphold.com
    You can then send the BTC to your own wallet (if you dont trust 3rd party).

Uphold seem pretty good tho, they guarantee full reserve banking and no fees for members. Which is pretty much the way banks should be.

koolykg likes this.
  8. michael sørensen

Translator (Dansk)

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    I use Bitcoin Suisse AG in Schwitzerland. They guarantee, to keep your info out of the hands of government.
    - But then again. I know a few guys there, so I'm biased. (Trying to get them to trade with Decred at the moment. - It will happen.)

Never have, and never will. Trade cryptoes via paypal.

9. ClokworkGremlin

ClokworkGremlin Sr. Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Whatever I want.
    Indeed, the simple fact is that cash is still(and always will be) king. LocalBitcoins is a site based around bringing local sellers and buyers together who want to do their exchanges face-to-face. (with cash, for example.)

koolykg likes this.
  10. vailixi

vailixi New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    Cool. This might be a solution for me.

koolykg and ClokworkGremlin like this.