What's Is Going On In Price Of Ticket

Discussion in 'Proof-of-stake Mining' started by Leonardo M, Apr 14, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

Feb 21, 2016
    The price was so low that there were thousands of ticket transactions competing for very limited number of slots. It's not surprising that most people didn't get their tickets mined.

Also not many miners are using the latest version, so it seems they still aren't sorting by ticketfee, and so it's more of a lottery than an auction.

2. Nimrod

Nimrod New Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Male
    Yes! The key questions is how to encourage everyone to upgrade!

Reynold likes this.
  3. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Well, they'll get a higher block reward if they do upgrade, that should be inventive enough, right?

4. Nimrod

Nimrod New Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Male
    They do? I missed that part. Are you sure?

5. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Well the reward for the PoW includes all the fees, so if they order by highest fee, they'll get more reward for their block than if they chose randomly.

Strictly the "block reward" is the same, but BlockReward + TX fees (which is what the PoW miners get) will be larger if they select the 20 highest fee SSTx in mempool than if they don't!

davecgh and Nimrod like this.
  6. Nimrod

Nimrod New Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Male
    OK! That makes a lot of sense for PoW. I was only thinking about it from the PoS angle where the incentive might not be as clear. I'm hoping the tx fee priorities are sorted out (people upgrade) because clearly it is sensible to pay a higher tx fee for the chance to get a cheaper ticket.

7. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

Feb 21, 2016
    You don't need PoS people to upgrade, it only makes a difference if the PoW people upgrade, as they are the ones who choose which tickets to include in a block!

8. Nimrod

Nimrod New Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Male
    Thanks! Boy am I feeling stupid now.

9. zero

zero Full Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    #29 zero, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    Well about 10 days ago I was able to buy a few tickets with ~ 6.96 ticket price with the ticket fee set to only 0.01 DCR. So it must have been a huge demand with the ticket price on ~ 6.50 but I was away from PC to saw how high allmempooltix went at this time.

10. Johnshpon3

Johnshpon3 Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Male
    Telecommunications
    Slovenia
    It was almost 5.000 tickets at peak.

zero likes this.
  11. chiguireitor

chiguireitor New Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Male
    Caracas, Venezuela
    I know i have been on autobuy since the airdrop, no surprise on these amazing ticket price swings

12. jack.liver

jack.liver New Member

Feb 1, 2016
    Male
    since 0.1.0 update client didn't bought a ticket under 10 DCR price all in the mempool and no one confirmed you it's a fee problem ?

13. Tivra

Tivra Member
    Advocate (BitcoinTalk)

Dec 30, 2015
    Europe
    Had to set the txfee to 0.075 to get the tickets bought last time the price was under 10

14. chiguireitor

chiguireitor New Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Male
    Caracas, Venezuela
    Weird, i could get through.... you just gotta wait some time if your fee isn't that high, but eventually blocks are free to buy tickets, still not much demand as one would infer from these price swings, wonder how much time until the swings stop.

15. Reynold

Reynold Member

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Programmer
    Currently, I gave up on low price tickets and started buying at a slightly higher price when the mem pool wasn't congested. Then I was able to set tx fee to 0.01 and got in the block very quickly.

I don't mind really, all the money comes back to me minus the small tx fee.

16. Reynold

Reynold Member

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Programmer
  17. karamble

karamble Member
    Developer

Feb 19, 2016
    Don`t worry Reynold. There is a complete new method for PoS and purchasing tickets in the making. This will make a lot of configuration possible, also a expiry of ticket purchases which don`t make it into a block will be available. Your method of banning peers running older versions is in fact not very effective. Time will sort things out.

Reynold and Johnshpon3 like this.
  18. dave

dave New Member

Jan 11, 2016

txfee or ticketfee?

19. phzi

phzi New Member

Apr 15, 2016
    Non-echelon
    Isn't that really one and the same? "ticketfee" is simply the txfee paid on a ticket purchase transaction.

20. dave

dave New Member

Jan 11, 2016
    lol....you just asked if they were the same and then explained how they were different :)