Where To Buy Decred?

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Dyrk, Jan 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    Hi everyone,

is someone developing exchange platform for decreds? Or maybe someone plans to add this currency to existing sites?
    I want to buy them after airdrop while they be cheap :) Is forum the only place to do this?

koolykg and Hugo Abreu Simões like this.
  2. microingens

microingens New Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Male
    Consulting / blogger on blockchain
    Paris
    As far as I know the only way to get decreds now is participatiing to the airdrop and after the january 18 mining the coin.
    I don't think someone is already building an exchange platform (unless perhaps the Company 0 itself)

It is a very intersting question. If someone else has some clues about it, please share it.

Hugo Abreu Simões likes this.
  3. Hugo Abreu Simões

Hugo Abreu Simões New Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    Brasil
    I believe it will only be possible after the launch 01/18/16
    Even for the sake of control .....

4. shoshin

shoshin Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Decred will
    Decred will be added to alt exchanges soon after launch... It is in their own interest to do this as quickly as possible.

5. jiecut

jiecut New Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    Hopefully poloniex will adopt it. Otherwise you'll need to use bittrex or a smaller exchange.

6. anvoice

anvoice Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Male
    Only option now is to wait for exchanges to adopt it.

7. jiecut

jiecut New Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    Well you need to wait for the coin to launch first.

8. anvoice

anvoice Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Male
    Don't see how that wasn't implied in my statement.

9. Edkemper

Edkemper New Member

Jan 8, 2016
    bittrex will surely add decred

10. Wolf0

Wolf0 New Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wait Exchanges,i will buy it too ;)

11. zero

zero Full Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Male
    Too soon for Decred, but which do you think is the best crypto/alt-coin exchange site/service out there?

12. jmac12

jmac12 New Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Dec 29, 2015
    Male
    I use bittrex and poloniex. Stay out of cryptsy.

13. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    But all these exchanges work with BTC pair, right?
    I think that for growing the only important pairs are USD and EUR.

14. jmac12

jmac12 New Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Dec 29, 2015
    Male
    Most exchanges are BTC pairs. The ones with USD and EUR pairs have dropped altcoins.

15. jmac12

jmac12 New Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Dec 29, 2015
    Male
    The ones I know.

16. rig1

rig1 New Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Decred will be liste surely at launch on major exchanges for sure.

17. wirayoga

wirayoga New Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Male
    Defacer
    Indonesia
    yeah , i try to develop via wlox source code

18. Kyenos

Kyenos New Member

Jan 9, 2016
    USA
    The BTC Decred pair will almost certainly be first. As such, it will also benchmark Decred to the major physical currencies. My question is whether this will hinder, or help Decred? There certainly appears to be allot of buzz around Decred, unlike others no-names say like dogecoin, where this lock-in appears to be what's been holding back other currencies adoption rates. The next few months transaction visualizations will be very interesting to say the least.

As far as individual exchange adoptions, I would think this would be rather quick. After all, a currency is only worth anything when people actually use it and at the moment, either direct person to person exchange or adoption on a public exchange, as far as I can see, is the only real market initially.

19. jmac12

jmac12 New Member
    Advocate (Twitter)

Dec 29, 2015
    Male
    Also, would be great to know what exchanges you guys use. So we can prevent other people from getting burnt from dodgy exchanges.

20. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    #20 LastNinja, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    It is a pain in the ass to open and run an exchange for trading crypto coins for USD, EUR or any fiat money. First, because you will be a target for fraud, since you provide crypto cash in exchange for dubious funds that can be easily charged back, like credit cards, Paypal and often even wire transfers. Second, whenever you handle government/fiat money you need licenses and you must comply to hundreds of regulations like Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC). Before you will earn a single dollar you have to spend millions on a legal team and licenses and you will have a hard time finding a bank that will do business with you. Nobody will go into that PITA except for a crypto coin with a huge market cap like Bitcoin.

Those are the reasons why altcoins are purchased with Bitcoin or any other altcoins. You trade hard digital cash for hard digital cash. There is no ponzi digital cash (bank funds, credit card funds, Paypal funds) from governments involved. Such an exchange is not regulated and doesn't have to waste any resources on AML/KYC. See for example ShapeShift.

For those who do not hold BTC it is best to get BTC privately and locally from people that want to sell some BTC. If you don't mind going through AML/KYC just make an account at one of the big BTC exchanges and buy some BTC there. Then use BTC to buy Decred once it will be available.

Exchanges will always have BTC for sale as long as the world runs on ponzi government money, already due to the fact the miners have to pay their electricity bills in government money. The same goes for those merchants which accept BTC just to exchange it immediately into their local government issued currency.

Once ponzi money like USD and EUR will collapse and the world will use crypto currencies for everything, things will be different and exchanges with crypto-fiat pairs will be known to people only as a thing you can find in the Wayback Machine. Until then such exchanges are the necessary evil which enable people to get into crypto currencies by trading their fiat for crypto.

tl;dr: You have to buy BTC with your government money and then trade BTC for Decred.

Dyrk likes this.