Where To Buy Decred?

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Dyrk, Jan 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. jimmy16

jimmy16 Jr. Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    You can get BTC at paxful.com for many types of payment. its fsst and quick P2P . you can buy ethereum at kraken.com with BTC..

2. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    @LastNinja so that means that Decred cannot be "bitcoin 2.0" since it's still so dependent on Bitcoin as all others crypto currencies.

3. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    I don't think Decred wants to be "Bitcoin 2.0" and inherit all its flaws :cool:

4. LastNinja

LastNinja Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Male
    It doesn't really depend on Bitcoin or BTC's value in fiat. It's just that Bitcoin has already exchanges with BTC-fiat pairs, making it easy for people to buy BTC with fiat and then swap BTC for altcoins.

For those who want to have Decred without going through BTC and without the hassle of mining, I suggest they simply offer their products and services for Decred. Why not accept Decred for small online jobs? Why not sell small things or intangible goods for Decred? I will certainly do it. Even if none of the clients will own Decred, it will spread the word.

5. shoshin

shoshin Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    Yes, a very astute comment. The best way to accumulate Decred will be to transact in Decred much the way it was hard to buy Bitcoin in the beginning before the exchange infrastructure caught up. Also keep an eye out for OpenBazaar, it would likely be trivial to add Decred support or fork the project and allow anyone to buy or sell products using Decred.

6. Wilis

Wilis New Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Male
    Great insight guys guess well find out more when its released

7. anvoice

anvoice Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Male
    I think exchange adoption will not be long. Most likely several weeks at the longest.

8. Agilist

Agilist New Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    OpenBazar looks like not finished. Is there any place where it is possible to buy DCR?

9. anvoice

anvoice Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Male
    Both bittrex and bleutrade now have DCR. Both sites seem legitimate (used both with success).

koolykg, chappjc and Agilist like this.