Why Zero Pool Is Not Working

Discussion in 'PoS Pools' started by nikos1978, Aug 18, 2016.

1. 2017/12/15 - Decred v1.1.2 released! → Release Notes  → Downloads
  1. nikos1978

nikos1978 New Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Male
    i had some tickets buy at zero pool when it was online

and untill today 3 days now no vote from zero pool
    why????

is complete off line????????????????????????

2. jy-p

jy-p Sr. Member
    Organizer

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    If you visit the Company 0 stakepool site, https://stakepool.decred.org/, you will see that this pool was turned off over 2 months ago.

The announcement was made several weeks before June 3rd and an email was sent several days before it was closed. The pool was brought online as a proof-of-concept before having user-operated stakepools setup. Company 0 having control over a stakepool would create undue centralization, which we strive to avoid.

3. Dyrk

Dyrk Sr. Member
    Developer

Jan 7, 2016
    Male
    Wonderland
    Hey @nikos1978, how many live tickets do you have in that stakepool? I'm pretty sure that devs will not shutdown the server until there is at least 1 live ticket in the pool.

4. jy-p

jy-p Sr. Member
    Organizer

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    based on his comment, i would assume that he bought new tickets for this just recently.

since the stakepool tickets are 1-of-2 multisig, i recommend that he turn on his wallet with --enablestakemining and unlock it. if this wallet is hot and he wants the funds cold or otherwise not-always-online, he can set this wallet stakemining and move the coins to another wallet.

Dyrk likes this.